2011 ZX10 Superbike build | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 ZX10 Superbike build

Well I have a few updates on my progress.

My material finally arrived to make my cable to access the race ecu. Talking to Kawasaki they wanted roughly $500 for this cable but after a bit of research I found a few guys making their own for less than $50!! Trying to get the software that comes with the ecu to work on my laptop was more of a pain then I had expected. There were no instructions sent with it so again after searching the net I found how it SHOULD work but of course nothing can be simple. Fumbled around for a bit and voila.

-$450 cable

I also got my new brake lines from Speigler so I was able to mount my brembo 19x18. Now my controls are done except attaching the LighTech remote adjuster which I won't do untill I get my bodywork so I can make sure there's no interference. Notice my fancy STM TC/map selection switch on the l

Last edited:
I also fitted a new slip-on eliminating the oem cat as well as roughly 10lbs of dead weight. The pipe was originally for a K8 1000 but by cutting 3/4" from each end of the link pipe we were able to make it fit perfectly (thanks Paulo). I'm still waiting for my exhaust hanger to arrive.

All the parts I've used are available at Competition Cycle except the fairing stay and Kawasaki Kit parts.

Last edited:
Well let's try this again....

I found a great deal on a set of Hotbodies bodywork and even though I heard how bad they are I decided to see just how bad they could be. Well they're all that and more! I had to trim the oem undertail 1/2" to get the tail section to slide foreward far enough so that the recess lines up on the subframe. I also had to cut and shape the front of the seat pan to get it to fit and the recesses are still extremely crooked that mount to the tank but it'll have to do for now. This will become my spare bodywork later in the season.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

I've been having a hell of a time trying to decide what I wanted to run as far as suspension goes until I was lead to a great deal on a set of K-tech 20DDS fork cartridges. Originally they were out of the budget and I was undecided if going with a gas charged fork was really worth the extra expense. This deal made my decision for me. They'll be paired up with the K-tech 35DDS rear shock.

Last edited:
I did manage to get the front fairing and bellypan mounted and drilled in just over an hour but I have to fab up a bracket for the belly pan and do some trimming. They used a bracket that is part of the kickstand for the bellypan which is obviously going to be removed.

Theres also probably a good 3-4hrs of prep time before I can paint this stuff too.

Last edited:
Yeesh. Sounds like a pain in the butt. It took me less time than that to fit a 2010 set of bodywork onto a 2004 10R.

Yeesh. Sounds like a pain in the butt. It took me less time than that to fit a 2010 set of bodywork onto a 2004 10R.

Yup I should have ponied up for Armour Bodies or DUA. Oh well live and learn.

On the plus side it's extremely light and flexable but after a crash it will probably be irreparable.

At least you're not trying to fit it on a week night in June between race rounds. Could be worse!

Will be ready for round 1? I still need to get/install my new Hindle system and Bazzaz.

At least you're not trying to fit it on a week night in June between race rounds. Could be worse!

Will be ready for round 1? I still need to get/install my new Hindle system and Bazzaz.

My goal is to have the bike ready for the beginning of May but I'm not sure what's happening this season as far as which rounds or how many I'm going to do. I really want to use this season to get my act together and plan for the nationals in 2015. I wanted race them this year but with all the issues I had last season and life changes this year it just isn't possible.

Lookin pretty sweet, what colour / paintjob are you doing on the bike?

My goal is to have the bike ready for the beginning of May but I'm not sure what's happening this season as far as which rounds or how many I'm going to do. I really want to use this season to get my act together and plan for the nationals in 2015. I wanted race them this year but with all the issues I had last season and life changes this year it just isn't possible.

Im hoping im ready for RACE round 1!

Lookin pretty sweet, what colour / paintjob are you doing on the bike?

The bike will be mainly blue with some black vynal accents. I have the paint and don't want to get to detailed with it for two reasons, a)it's a race bike b) this will be my backup bodywork.

This was the idea

Im hoping im ready for RACE round 1!

Wait, you had your R+D year last season! No excuses this year!

Wow do u have any sponsors or is this all from your pocket?

I get great prices from Dave at Competiton Cycle for almost all the parts and consider that a sponsor. I do run stickers for people that help me at the track but essentially I'm a lone ranger privateer. Believe me, my wife and I make plenty of sacrifices so I can do this.

Last edited:
Had a very nice package arrive at my door today! Pretty excited to try these out!

Back
Top Bottom