Any members here that have sleds too? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

infernobuster

Site Supporter
Been looking at getting back into it for this year ..

Have a few questions for those more vested in the sport.

Besides the usual things to look for, the 2 machines im eyeing up are .

99 MXZ 600 Skidoo

00 ZXT 600 Artic Cat

Really leaning more towards the MXZ .. will a 600 be enough to haul me around as i was looking at 440's prior to this.

600 is enough power for sure.

I had a bit of trouble finding someone to insure my 800 so thats also an issue if you decide you want something bigger than 600.

The mxz would be my choice as well.

Never been on a sled. Always wanted to try. What's it costs to insure a fast machine?

**** yeah love sledding...polaris Rush 600R for me. I would never go back to traditional suspension sleds. Look into the rush. You wanna ride PM me.

Yup, I have an 09 yamaha nytro, $550 a year for insurance. I chose the 4 stroke for reliability and my 2 other buddies I ride with have the same sleds. Only sleds I rode before this were 70's ski-doo 330's so it was a big eye opener jumping on this thing. It gets me through the winter but by march I just want to lean and drag my knee.

Never been on a sled. Always wanted to try. What's it costs to insure a fast machine?

I pay $152 per year on my 95 Vmax-4 800 and its damm fast......But I agree with and earlier post that a 600 is plenty!

CIMG0512.jpg

600 is enough power for sure.

I had a bit of trouble finding someone to insure my 800 so thats also an issue if you decide you want something bigger than 600.

The mxz would be my choice as well.

Dont rule out the ZRT if thats what you mean, they are a very strong motor and pull very well!

I ve been on a sled on a while. So im trying to keep it under 2g. If i take to it again, ill dump whatever i buy this year and buy alot newer for next.

I think you won't take to it on a 2 g sled. 250 km fast days aren't enjoyable on those sleds. You want to get back in go big

I think you won't take to it on a 2 g sled. 250 km fast days aren't enjoyable on those sleds. You want to get back in go big

Hear that. I just dont wanna go balls out, i still have to get gear/insurance/trail permits yada yada yada .. Plus i wanna see how much time i ride the thing.
If it sits in my garage more than i ride it, like my street bike. It will be gone.

Hear that. I just dont wanna go balls out, i still have to get gear/insurance/trail permits yada yada yada .. Plus i wanna see how much time i ride the thing.
If it sits in my garage more than i ride it, like my street bike. It will be gone.

Trailer to to snow lotsa riding. Ride during the week lotsa riding

Back
Top Bottom