Cold weather RIDING gear - awesome ICE FISHING clothing found! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cold weather RIDING gear - awesome ICE FISHING clothing found!

Many helmets have an insert that does this available. 2 of mine came with them but I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it on here. It's not 100% but definitely works better than without.

I had one that I had to buy as an extra in five helmet brands, my HJC CL-15.

Does it come down low enough at the neck to be tucked in properly under your jacket? I may grab one next time I'm at GP bikes.

Does it come down low enough at the neck to be tucked in properly under your jacket? I may grab one next time I'm at GP bikes.

Lemme know when you're going!

BTW, +1 on the foggy. However, once I got my wired mic kit for my Scala, it was incompatible with the foggy since they both attach with velcro at the same spot. Also +1 on the pinlock visor.

Heated grips are the first line of defense for hands. They're always on the bike and during spring/fall when the temps are warm during the day but cold at night, they make riding more comfortable. as for the muffs, a friend told me the cheap ones can interfere with the brake and clutch lever at highway speeds. If on a budget you could always fashion an internal frame for them out of a coat hanger or something.

Back to the Rapala ice fishing clothing, sounds like a good layer to have for any outdoor winter activities. I'll look at them next time I'm at Le Baron. Thanks for sharing your find!

A Pinlock is effective, but I find they scratch easily, and thus, don't last for more than a season.

A Pinlock is effective, but I find they scratch easily, and thus, don't last for more than a season.

Odd. I bought my HJC CL-16 when it first came out for autox with my car about 4 years ago. Still acceptably clear. Keep in mind, once you have pinlock, you don't have fog anymore, and don't need to actively 'touch' the inside of your visor, so I'm not sure why you're having that much 'traffic' to mar up the pinlock insert...

Hi everyone.
OP here. I had a couple of PM's from guys looking for the windproof jacket & pants, they can be hard to find.
Rapala just opened up a store on their website and the clothing is available! Worth every penny...

- Jacket
- Pants

Winter is coming!

Cheers,
D.

Royal now carries three or four options for rechargeable mitts, socks, and insoles, as well as traditional options with cable hookups.

OP - good find and I think might work well under the Scott jacket for one last layer. I like the bulit in neckwarmer as that is always an issue.

Heated gloves are a treat ...period tho Oxford heated grips work very well. The gloves easy to set up but the cabling through the jacket a tad annoying....well worth the warmth. The gloves are thin enough to go under most riding gloves.

Tip for feet ( I have the same issue with my Gaerne boots that are not insulated ) ....use chemical handwarmers tucked in the toes. One guy here even reuses his. - seems if kept sealed they can last for a couple of reuses.

•••

jeans and don't use body armour

Get some Thor or Fox knee armor,

I use these ....very quick to put on and provides on the joint coverage and are warm - come right down to my boots.

FOX0035-3.jpg

Cheap too - motocross boys have neat stuff.
I wear long thin wool socks under them all year round. You can still wear light riding pants and protect your knees.
But as a side effect they really keep knees and shins warm too,.

If you have skinny jeans then wear it over them and under the Rapala pants. ( kid sometimes just wears them outside his jeans....pair up with an armored shirt he be cyborg.

Last edited:
Does any place local carry this Rapala clothing (I know LeBaron carries their fishing equipment)?

I'm interested in having a look at this fleece gear.

There is certainly an abundance of stores listed
https://www.rapala.ca/rapala-stores

but no way to tell which ones carry the clothes. Only store I could find was Fishing Hole out west :(

Yeah, that's what I noticed. They list every Walmart as being a Rapala dealer, yet I bet Walmart only carries their lures and not their clothing.

I'll check in at Le Baron and see what I can find other than lures.

Back
Top Bottom