MotoGP 2014 | Page 70 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

Jamie has definitely been totally awesome with all these links. I have a RFM account and have not even used them at all, but definitely see the value and he is very fast. So massive kudos to him for that. I personally believe that even if someone else on the forum has the skills required to make this happen they would not actually go through with it and pull it off, week after week, session after session, race after race.... Hell of a job. Lets hope you don't have to change user names again for a while. :)

See you guys in the next thread...

Lets download pirated material, but call the whaambulance because someone posted the results in a Moto GP thread, boo hoo lol.

Interesting - I don't feel so bad for my 1 crash this year.

[h=1]MotoGP™ 2014 crash report – the analysis[/h]
Friday, 14 November 2014
[h=2]All the crashes of the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship have been recorded carefully and looking back over the season motogp.com offers a snapshot of the key crash data.
[/h]

Over the course of 2014 there were 981 crashes in total across the 18 Grand Prix weekends, 118 crashes more than in 2013. In the premier class there were 206 crashes, 61 of which occurred during races.
In Moto2™ 134 of the total 408 crashes came during races, whilst in Moto3™ 140 of the 367 spills happened whilst the riders were racing – as opposed to riding in free practice or qualifying.
MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez reduced his number of crashes from last year, recording 11 in 2014, having crashed 15 times in 2013.
It was Bradley Smith who recorded the most crashes of any rider in the premier class this year, the Briton going down 16 times, putting him eighth in the list of riders with most crashes this year across the three Grand Prix classes, with Moto2 and Moto3 riders occupying the top seven spots.
Jorge Lorenzo, meanwhile, rarely crashes and each year that passes he seems to crash less and less. In 2011 and 2012 he crashed five times, in 2013 he had three accidents and this year he crashed just twice.
Unfortunately there were no riders in the World Championship who did not record a single crash – perhaps a sign that to ride in Grand Prix one must always push close to the limit.
A Moto2 rookie and riding alone in his team, Speed Up’s Sam Lowes learned the hard way in 2014 as the rider to crash most in all three crashes, with 25 spills. Axel Pons and Sandro Cortese were not far behind him with 22 and 20 crashes respectively.
Meanwhile in Moto3 another rookie, Karel Hanika was pushing hard as he acclimatised to Grand Prix racing with Red Bull KTM Ajo – crashing on 24 occasions. In the same class Niccolo Antonelli crashed 22 times this year.
Misano was the circuit which saw the most crashes in 2014 by some margin with 109 in total, followed by Motegi and Phillip Island where there were 71 crashes each. It must be pointed out however that in 2013 there were far fewer accidents at Misano (66) and that this year the figure was increased significantly by a very wet Friday which caused slippery conditions during the free practice sessions.

I've done some performance tuning on my server (after getting a few PM's about slow download speed and choppy streaming).

I really underestimated the load that streaming puts on the server! When streaming (say in VLC player), it opens many connections to the server and downloads the file in little blocks using many requests. I had nginx locked down to a single "worker" and tight memory limits but this caused problems with people streaming the videos. I've opened it up so it can use all 8 cores and as much memory as it wants and it appears to be working much better. I REALLY don't want to disable streaming because these files work so flawlessly on phones, media players, etc. and if I disable streaming you'd have to fully save the file to your device before being able to play it.

Let me know if you have performance problems when we get around to Valencia.

you should put up some advertisement on your servers...the hits you are getting, you'll get a good chunk of change....and we won't "skip" over the ads like we do on you tube :)

you should put up some advertisement on your servers...the hits you are getting, you'll get a good chunk of change....and we won't "skip" over the ads like we do on you tube :)
I really hate ads. Like REALLY REALLY hate them. Only one of my youtube videos has ads, only because Google threw a bunch of money at me to do it. I'd rather just put up a donation link so people can send me $3 to keep the servers online :)

Back
Top Bottom