MotoGP 2014 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

No. Is it worth the $100? Actually I'd be $200 cuz I gotta bring the wife.

It was for me but I'm a crazy fan and stood for hours and hours (actually almost 6 hours) in one spot to get Rossi to sign my helmet.
If it's worth the $100 (or $200) to get signatures from riders and if the wife is patient with waiting around with you then I'd say buy them.

Anyways, I think honda should ditch pedrosa and put someone on that factory bike that can make a difference. Pedrosa has been on a factory bike since 2006 and he hasn't won a championship on it.

Last edited:
Wow thanks. Should I bother bringing the bike?

Buddy and I trailered the bikes this year and you know what.....We were glad we did. We rode to downtown on friday/saturday along with other 30000 bikes, got to park right on the track with another gazillion of bikes for free for both days. Without a bike there I'd be crying.

Pedrosa and Lorenzo could swap spots. I don't know if Yamaha would go for that though.
[h=2]I don't think it is up to Yamaha

Marca: HRC to try and lure Lorenzo for 2015[/h]Sunday, 10 November 2013
In an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca, HRC vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto indicated that Jorge Lorenzo could be a potential signing for their 2015 line-up."Marquez, Pedrosa and also Jorge Lorenzo all have a two-year contract so we'll speak with the three of them (ahead of the 2015 season)," declared Nakamoto.Prompted on the role of Casey Stoner, who took part in the development of the RC213V and the RCV1000R "production racer" with various testing sessions this year, Nakamoto indicated that the role of the Australian still had to be decided.

I ended up getting a Rossi dreamtime helmet signed by Rossi, and I have a GP plack with signatures on it from crutchlow, lorenzo, marquez, depunit, staring, and rossi.

Holy money bags.....

Too bad the Honda production racers don't seem to be doing so well... I was excited when I heard Stoner was putting out competitive laps on them but I guess he'd get pole position riding a donkey....

I don't think it is up to Yamaha

Marca: HRC to try and lure Lorenzo for 2015

Oh, I meant that I wasn't sure if Yamaha would want Pedrosa. I am pretty sure Honda will hand Lorenzo a blank cheque if he has a year like this year again. They tried to give him Pedrosa's spot already for this year, but Yamaha emptied their bank account to retain him. If he doesn't win next year, I could see him taking Honda money, and seeing how he stacks up on the same bike as Marquez.

Too bad the Honda production racers don't seem to be doing so well... I was excited when I heard Stoner was putting out competitive laps on them but I guess he'd get pole position riding a donkey....

While I do think that the prod-Honda will battle the satellite-hondas, it is still a 3rd tier bike. So it not a huge surprise.

You are right though. Stoner's riding overcomes a lot of a bike's short comings. Just ask Melandri and Hayden.

I don't think it is up to Yamaha

Marca: HRC to try and lure Lorenzo for 2015

Sunday, 10 November 2013
In an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca, HRC vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto indicated that Jorge Lorenzo could be a potential signing for their 2015 line-up."Marquez, Pedrosa and also Jorge Lorenzo all have a two-year contract so we'll speak with the three of them (ahead of the 2015 season)," declared Nakamoto.Prompted on the role of Casey Stoner, who took part in the development of the RC213V and the RCV1000R "production racer" with various testing sessions this year, Nakamoto indicated that the role of the Australian still had to be decided.

Wow, that is interesting news. Marquez with Lorenzo at Honda? It's gonna be a dominant 1-2 everytime. 1988 F1 season right here.

Anyways, I think honda should ditch pedrosa and put someone on that factory bike that can make a difference. Pedrosa has been on a factory bike since 2006 and he hasn't won a championship on it.

My take on Pedrosa is that he's got the potential and racecraft to be on top, but he's too scared of injury to mix it up. He knows he's fragile, and his aggression in Valencia shows what happens when he has nothing to lose (last race of the season).

My take on Pedrosa is that he's got the potential and racecraft to be on top, but he's too scared of injury to mix it up. He knows he's fragile, and his aggression in Valencia shows what happens when he has nothing to lose (last race of the season).
I am a Pedrosa fan since that race, someone that aggresive can easily be a World Champion, he has the skill but he is such a pussy during the season

But I am not riding a 230- HP motorcycle at 350 km/hr so I can't really say anything

Was thinking Dani was gonna win it this year, but he's like Haga...one of the best riders to never win a championship. Always a bridesmaid.

Baring injuries, MM would be the favorite to win 2014, no? Is he the next Rossi? Is he the new alien since VR is now an earthling again?

MM most definitely an alien, no doubt about it. New Rossi? Only time will tell.

I'm curious how married Repsol sponsorship is to Pedrosa specifically, or whether all they care about is having at least one Spanish rider on the team. And if Marquez sufficiently fills those shoes, will the final year of Dani's contract push him to ride more aggressively in 2014?

Pics from testing:

MM's helmet tells the story of his season
5.jpg

Espargaro joining the MotoGP elbow draggin club
4.jpg

Hayden getting the hurry up from the Repsol Honda
1.jpg

Hayden getting the hurry up from the Repsol Honda
1.jpg

Interesting to see the difference in their body position.
Wonder if Hayden was trying to move it weight farther forward to help get some more front end feel? One thing Rossi and just about all other riders complained about was that they couldn't get enough weight on the front wheel due to the engine position (the L has confounded engineers as to how to get it farther forward).

It'll probably take some time to get used to the Honda after all that time battling the Duc.

Looks like Hayden's testing the Honda in this picture, not the Ducati.

Curses. Open mouth and insert foot to knee.
Train of thought off the tracks.

Wonder if Hayden's riding position is due to his always trying to get weight forward on Ducati. Looks sooooo much farther up and forward than MM.

Interesting to see the difference in their body position.
Wonder if Hayden was trying to move it weight farther forward to help get some more front end feel? One thing Rossi and just about all other riders complained about was that they couldn't get enough weight on the front wheel due to the engine position (the L has confounded engineers as to how to get it farther forward).
It will depend on the pace Hayden was running at that time, maybe MM was on a hot lap and Hayden was just working on something, his body position will be very different than if he was also on a hot lap.

Back
Top Bottom