MotoGP 2014 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

I'm all booked!!
Got seats at SW vista row A as R1style suggested. Got a 3 day parking pass with the weekend pass. Got a hotel 4 miles from the track near the airport. All i gotta do now is tell the wife. LOL

I think i'll drive but I did see the option to ride the actual track on a bike for $10?

Last edited:
I'm all booked!!
Got seats at SW vista row A as R1style suggested. Got a 3 day parking pass with the weekend pass. Got a hotel 4 miles from the track near the airport. All i gotta do now is tell the wife. LOL

I think i'll drive but I did see the option to ride the actual track on a bike for $10?

HAHA!

Nice...do you mind PM'ing me how much you spent? I'd like to work out my budget! :)

I'm all booked!!

Good stuff!

One year when we trailered the bikes we did the track ride. It was a fun experience and we got lucky and did more than the allotted laps haha

Plus you might get a cool photo like me:

ydyhyraz.jpg

Good stuff!

One year when we trailered the bikes we did the track ride. It was a fun experience and we got lucky and did more than the allotted laps haha

ydyhyraz.jpg

That's cool. I assume it's very slow pace? Since I'm going with my wife I'll pass on bringing the bike.

It's a steady but slowish pace, could give it a little more in the straights.

It was just awesome riding my bike on the same track as the GP guys :)

I'm all booked!!

Nice! I'll be in the SW Vista as well.
Did you buy paddock passes or no?

Good stuff!

ydyhyraz.jpg

Nice, is anyone allowed to do the track ride or is it hard to get admission?

Back on topic, my prediction is Jorge for 2014. Mostly because I don't want to jump on the MM wagon even though he fully deserves it. But despite the points, when MM entered MotoGP and shook up the premiere class, Jorge upped his game and did what had to be done. I feel he's still the better rider by a small margin because of his experience and consistency. He doesn't rely on his talent, he works hard on improving methodically. MM on the other hand has gobs of talent and tons of potential but has yet to fully realize it imo. Of course it won't surprise me at all if MM takes it in 2014 so I'm expecting some awesome battles!

I know Aleix Espargaro won top CRT this year but I it'll suck for him next year when his brother Pol is quicker than him on the Tech3.

I'm interested to see how Aleix does on the new bike. The new rules should allow him to be more competitive. Beating the prototypes a few times on a CRT this year was really impressive.

Hope Crutchlow doesn't finish further back going factory Duc.
Hope Hayden gets closer to the front getting off a Duc.
Hope Rossi sees more podiums now he's had a learning season off that damn Duc.

I'm interested to see how Aleix does on the new bike. The new rules should allow him to be more competitive. Beating the prototypes a few times on a CRT this year was really impressive.

While I don't really rate Aleix Espargaro highly, he's definitely made the most of the opportunity he's had in MotoGP. This is a guy that had a very uneventful 250/Moto2 that found himself without a ride in 2009 (due to his team withdrawing), and turned an injury substitute stint on a Pramac Ducati that year into a full time ride in 2010 and then 2012 and on. Now he found himself wanted to the point of another team buying out his contract, and for an amount of money that is substantial for the back marker teams.

As fate would have it though, Aspar ended up with a production Honda instead of the limbo-ridden ART. We'll see if his move was a wise one in the future.

Hope Crutchlow doesn't finish further back going factory Duc.
Hope Hayden gets closer to the front getting off a Duc.
Hope Rossi sees more podiums now he's had a learning season off that damn Duc.

IMO:

I see Ducati having another lost season next year, but I do see things improving in 2015 with Gigi Dall'Igna having a full year's influence on the team.

The Satellite Hondas will battle with the production Hondas all season.

Rossi will have another season like this. He will be 4th. I am not sure a new lead engineer is going to make a difference at this point in his career. The Spanish 3 will be tough to catch next year. I also think this will be his last season in MotoGP.

IMO:

I see Ducati having another lost season next year, but I do see things improving in 2015 with Gigi Dall'Igna having a full year's influence on the team.

The Satellite Hondas will battle with the production Hondas all season.

Rossi will have another season like this. He will be 4th. I am not sure a new lead engineer is going to make a difference at this point in his career. The Spanish 3 will be tough to catch next year. I also think this will be his last season in MotoGP.
I agree with you about Rossi prob the last year in motogp, i'm just hoping after that he will be moving to wsbk, that would be AWESOME!!!

So if Rossi was to retire after next season, who's taking his spot as Lorenzo's teammate (assuming Lorenzo's resigns with Yamaha)?

probably Pol Espargaro
I think is way to early to even speculate. If Rossi does retire and Hayden does well, I see him getting the M1.

So if Rossi was to retire after next season, who's taking his spot as Lorenzo's teammate (assuming Lorenzo's resigns with Yamaha)?

Pedrosa and Lorenzo could swap spots. I don't know if Yamaha would go for that though.

Back
Top Bottom