MotoGP 2014 | Page 49 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

well yeah, that's quite obvious lol. I was just alluding to Marc nearly crashing due to the nature of his front tire

edit: what I really meant to say was top left.

Last edited:
68° lean angle

ZXYvQh7.jpg

I don't get how he saved it when looking at the front tire of the first pic. wow.

I don't get how he saved it when looking at the front tire of the first pic. wow.

That's the thing---he pushed himself up and was very lucky. I once saw somebody do such a save right in front of me at turn 9 at TMP. Wish I had such luck ;)

Top right pic tells it all. Good save by Marc. Crazy nonetheless!
My favourite pic is the lower left pic, I mean he just saved a huge crash and isn't even properly back on the bike and yet he's back on the throttle with the front tire in the air :)

He's Marquez. The laws of physics do not apply to him.

They will one day. He's unreal to watch but sooner or later something is going to give.... hopefully it won't be really serious but I'll bet it slows him down a little if he can't save it.

They will one day. He's unreal to watch but sooner or later something is going to give.... hopefully it won't be really serious but I'll bet it slows him down a little if he can't save it.

You'd lose that bet since he had one of, if not the fastest Moto gp crash ever last year at Mugello.

Doesn't mean luck won't run out. Like I said I'd never wish anyone to crash but he might one day and not be so lucky. It's happened to all kinds of racers on bikes or in cars. Slowed many of them down afterwards too.

It would probably take an epic Lorenzo-like high-side with broken bones to slow him down. Even then, I now think that's doubtful.

It's not impossible. I've even done it a few times (although I bet it didn't look nearly as spectacular as Marquez).

Stand the bike up as much as possible, use your body to push up off the ground, then gently pick up the throttle to transfer weight off the front, and if you can keep the front tire in contact with the ground you just might get lucky and the tire will catch and pick the bike back up again.

Doesn't mean luck won't run out. Like I said I'd never wish anyone to crash but he might one day and not be so lucky. It's happened to all kinds of racers on bikes or in cars. Slowed many of them down afterwards too.

That save is what Simoncelli tried to do when he got killed. Marquez has no fear, but at some point, all of them get fear and slow down, just a matter of time.

hey does anyone know why MM couldn't catch up at Brno? i mean he won 10 races in a row and no one can touch him. how come this race he was lagging behind?

was his bike set up wrong? wrong tires???

He said, something weird happened and they couldn't figure out what it was. He also said he tried but almost crashed 3 times and then he understood he would not win this time early in the race
hey does anyone know why MM couldn't catch up at Brno? i mean he won 10 races in a row and no one can touch him. how come this race he was lagging behind?

He said, something weird happened and they couldn't figure out what it was. He also said he tried but almost crashed 3 times and then he understood he would not win this time early in the race

too bad, it would have been cool to have set a new record. On the other hand good for Dani.

That save is what Simoncelli tried to do when he got killed. Marquez has no fear, but at some point, all of them get fear and slow down, just a matter of time.

It is indeed... I was looking at pictures of that yesterday, but just decided to not post one in fear of getting flamed. :D

They had setup issues all weekend but in the end it was a bad tire. Bradley Smith had the same problem. He was gracious about it though. Took the blame and congratulated his rivals.

Back
Top Bottom