MotoGP 2014 | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

AUT grandprix = "slide"show!

[video]http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2014/Sepang+2014+MotoGP+FP3+Action+Pol+Espargaro+Crash+ 1[/video]

Decent race, new records broken and equalled this weekend.
Lots of DNF's only 14 riders finished this race.
Some decent battles too bad for my fave guy it didn't work out but a solid result for second and overall in the championship as well.
Only one more race to go and then it's over until next season.

Moto 3 races are proving to be more exciting to me than motogp ones....Malaysia Moto3 was nailbiter till the last lap! poor Miller!

Moto 3 is like NASCAR except with skill and style.

I think Miller will struggle in MotoGP at least at first. He doesn't seem to think ahead much and just charges all the time. Someone needs to sit him down and explain race strategy to him as was controlling that race like a puppet on string but all he could think to do was to stay in front. This was very different from the winner, who figured out in contrast to everyone else that he didn't need to lead out of the last corner.

BTW I found I enjoyed the racing more on mute. Does the MotoGP feed allow you to mute the announcers but keep the sounds of the action?

Last edited:
BTW I found I enjoyed the racing more on mute. Does the MotoGP feed allow you to mute the announcers but keep the sounds of the action?

Depends on the announcers. When Speed Channel was showing MotoGP, the announcing was the worst, but WSBK's Jonathan Green... Shaking my head in disbelief that he even still has a job, he is so terrible! Lack of knowledge, lack of insight, he is Captain Obvious in that series, provides no value at all besides screaming excitedly at every pass and crash. Steve Martin is such a better commentator, very insightful. But the problem is that Green shouts over him all the time. Annoying.

Moto 3 is like NASCAR except with skill and style.

I think Miller will struggle in MotoGP at least at first. He doesn't seem to think ahead much and just charges all the time. Someone needs to sit him down and explain race strategy to him as was controlling that race like a puppet on string but all he could think to do was to stay in front. This was very different from the winner, who figured out in contrast to everyone else that he didn't need to lead out of the last corner.

If you subscribe motogp.com you can choose to mute the commentary

The KTM is clearly down on power compared to the Honda's, you should have watched last weekend's Moto3 race as your puppet on a string theory would have flushed down the toilet as Miller won.

The KTM is clearly down on power compared to the Honda's, you should have watched last weekend's Moto3 race as your puppet on a string theory would have flushed down the toilet as Miller won.
I saw that and he won by brute force and luck as only a few feet further down the track he would have lost. He could have been much more strategic there too, but all he ever does is charge like a (red?) bull.

I saw that and he won by brute force and luck as only a few feet further down the track he would have lost. He could have been much more strategic there too, but all he ever does is charge like a (red?) bull.

I was waiting for the bull charge to end with both Miller and Marquez crashed out

How more strategic could he have been, he knew where his bike had to be and at what position on the last lap in order for him to win. No luck about that victory.

How more strategic could he have been, he knew where his bike had to be and at what position on the last lap in order for him to win. No luck about that victory.
He could have slowed the pace so there was a larger gaggle of bikes at the end, and he could have pulled one of his moves on Marquez that would push him wide and shove him to the back or middle of the group on the last lap.

Lorenzo tried something like that in the last race two years ago(?) but for some reason he gave up and just took off for the lead mid way through the race.

Last edited:
On those bikes if you slow down and lose momentum and corner speed, you can find yourself in 9th place really fast with no chance to come back
He could have slowed the pace so there was a larger gaggle of bikes at the end, and he could have pulled one of his moves on Marquez that would push him wide and shove him to the back or middle of the group on the last lap.

Lorenzo tried something like that in the last race two years ago(?) but for some reason he gave up and just took off for the lead mid way through the race.

On those bikes if you slow down and lose momentum and corner speed, you can find yourself in 9th place really fast with no chance to come back
Except they do it all the time when two riders are dualling and the rider(s) behind catch up. Plus, Miller showed he could close back up any gap a few times when he needed to. So it's entirely possible, it's just a skill that he needs to learn.

Depends on the announcers. When Speed Channel was showing MotoGP, the announcing was the worst, but WSBK's Jonathan Green... Shaking my head in disbelief that he even still has a job, he is so terrible! Lack of knowledge, lack of insight, he is Captain Obvious in that series, provides no value at all besides screaming excitedly at every pass and crash. Steve Martin is such a better commentator, very insightful. But the problem is that Green shouts over him all the time. Annoying.
Steve Martin is pretty good but nothing is as good as when it was Whitham/Burnicle. MotoGP hasn't been the same since Moody/Ryder.

Steve Martin is pretty good but nothing is as good as when it was Whitham/Burnicle. MotoGP hasn't been the same since Moody/Ryder.

+1 for Moody/Ryder. I was also very impressed with James Toseland's commentary whenever he dropped into the BBC announcers booth. The guy is very articulate and gave timely insight into what the racers were facing with the current state of the technology.

is there a link up for the race?
Same place it always is, sign up for e-mail updates to stay on top of the action ;)

http://ps255434.dreamhostps.com:53799/torrents/

Automatic e-mail notifications of new content!! Go to https://www.followthatpage.com/ and for the URL put in http://ps255434.dreamhostps.com:53799/torrents/ and sign up with your e-mail address and set the timer for 1 hour. Every time I upload new content you'll be notified by e-mail within 1 hour of it getting uploaded, pretty spiffy! **NOTE: If you receive e-mail notification keep in mind that when you go to the server, if the file ends in .PART that means it hasn't completed downloading yet, so you have to wait/keep refreshing until the .PART goes away :)

Except they do it all the time when two riders are dualling and the rider(s) behind catch up. Plus, Miller showed he could close back up any gap a few times when he needed to. So it's entirely possible, it's just a skill that he needs to learn.

I do agree with some of the points you've made regarding Miller, but I think that also the fact he was taken out a few times this year while he was minding his own business relatively, fuels the fire that is the way he is riding now. He was caught on the outside a couple times earlier in the season and would up in the gravel.. now he is taking no prisoners and running up the inside of everyone, bashing fairings and not giving a rats *** about anything.

But yeah, he's screwed for a while in MotoGp... he might be one of these guys that crashes into people and makes everyone angry, like Bautista on Rossi in the battle for 4th places season.

Back
Top Bottom