MotoGP 2014 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

ZX600

Site Supporter
Today is the start of the 2014 season with the first test in Valencia

I would like to predict Marques as the winner for 2014 but I think Lorenzo is going to be a lot stronger this year, we will see.

Exciting 2014 with the Changes MotoGP has put in place with the new classes.

"Starting in 2014, the rules governing the eligibility of entries will change. MSMA Prototypes will be reclassified as the new "Factory" class, whilst the Claiming Rule Teams sub-category will be restructured as the "Open" class. Bikes will be assigned to each class based on the throttle mapping used by the Electronic Control Unit, which will be determined in advance by the FIM with a view to equalising performance across the two classes."

:thumbup:

Can't wait for next season! I'm predicting Lorenzo will win next year barring no injuries, but it will be a tough battle with Marquez. I'm also excited to see how Vale will do with his new crew chief.

:thumbup:

Can't wait for next season! I'm predicting Lorenzo will win next year barring no injuries, but it will be a tough battle with Marquez. I'm also excited to see how Vale will do with his new crew chief.
I think the big difference is that the bike since 2010, has been build around Lorenzo, Rossi does not ride like lorenzo so hopefully he gets his new bike less Lorenzo like and more Rossi like, I think he will be fighting for podiums and not for 4th like this next season.

MM93 is my prediction.

I'm gonna book Indy early this year so I can make sure I'm down there.

??? did you just Auto censored yourself? :)

Yup. Was a junk post which would have served no purpose but to make me look more mentally impaired than I already am.

MM93 is my prediction.

I'm gonna book Indy early this year so I can make sure I'm down there.
Gonna go there again next year. Good times.

Also voting for MM-93

Yonny Hernandez is running an open entry Ducati for Pramac. He's running the GP13 with spec software.

confirmed with my wife during Indy this year that we will be making a road-trip next year :)

Stoked!

I know Aleix Espargaro won top CRT this year but I it'll suck for him next year when his brother Pol is quicker than him on the Tech3.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Where do you guy usually sit?
For the past few years I've gotten seats in the SW Vista deck...
For this year I got the NW Vista Deck and it kinda sucked being further away from the action.

Last edited:
I've never been. Can anyone suggest hotels, seats, packages? I have no idea where to start.

for hotels, book early. Book now if you can. The later you book, the futher you will be from the track.

As for admission, you can get a 2 day pass for general admission (Friday, Saturday) and you can watch FP and Q at your leisure.

For race day (Sunday), you can buy general admission and sit on the grass or purchase assigned seats. I've gone to the gp race in indy for 5 years now and I did the general admission once and would never do it again.

I usually sit in the SW Vista section but last year I thought the NW Vista would be cool.
2013 was the first time you could buy paddock passes and get close to the riders. I ended up getting a Rossi dreamtime helmet signed by Rossi, and I have a GP plack with signatures on it from crutchlow, lorenzo, marquez, depunit, staring, and rossi.

Also, you'll want to buy a parking pass for the weekend.

go to the indianapolis speedway website and you can do it all there.

Last edited:
Wow thanks. Should I bother bringing the bike?

All depends what you would be planning to do with it. On Fri and Sat night they have bikes on Meridian (downtown indy is packed with bikes) which is cool and if you want to ride some good roads you can on the way there or back but while you are there you will only be riding to and from the track on city streets.

If you want to take a few days and ride down then it is worth it. If you want to go straight there and straight home then it's not really worth it imo

Wow thanks. Should I bother bringing the bike?

Depends what it is. Competition is pretty fierce. I think you have to qualify within a certain percentage.

edit, oh for cruising d'oh forget what I said above. Awesome thread btw, learning lots.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom