MotoGP 2014 | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

Wow, Bridgestone is really taking a lot of heat (or not retaining it enough) once again in Phillip Island... Bad asymmetric fronts causing all the front end tucks and then JL's defective tire... They can't get out of MotoGP fast enough. One more year, Bridgestone!

Feel bad for Crutchlow, he deserved to be on the podium.

Wow, Bridgestone is really taking a lot of heat (or not retaining it enough) once again in Phillip Island... Bad asymmetric fronts causing all the front end tucks and then JL's defective tire... They can't get out of MotoGP fast enough. One more year, Bridgestone!

Feel bad for Crutchlow, he deserved to be on the podium.
That's what I thought too but I didn't see anyone mention that before you. Is this what the pundits are saying?

It seems pretty clear to me that a bunch of the world's top riders were completely caught off guard when transitioning from L to R in a braking zone, on the same race that an asymmetric front tire is introduced. hmmmmmm...

It seems pretty clear to me that a bunch of the world's top riders were completely caught off guard when transitioning from L to R in a braking zone, on the same race that an asymmetric front tire is introduced. hmmmmmm...

The temperature dropped so much during the race (9 degrees from start to finish) that the harder compound of the right side of the asymmetric front tire couldn't retain enough heat to grip properly. Crutchlow got double-burned because with a 4-second gap to third, he started slowing down, cooling the front tire even more, thus leading to his sudden fall.

The temperature dropped so much during the race (9 degrees from start to finish) that the harder compound of the right side of the asymmetric front tire couldn't retain enough heat to grip properly. Crutchlow got double-burned because with a 4-second gap to third, he started slowing down, cooling the front tire even more, thus leading to his sudden fall.
Same thing happened to Marquez. He said he started slowing down because he had a huge lead and then boom, crash. They must have cooled down fast :(

MotoGP is super complicated with seemingly endless variables. One commentator said the true measure of MM will be how he performs at age 35 like VR is now. I know genetics are important at this level but imagine if MM starts sliding at, say 32, everything he's accomplished could be sullied. I'll be close to 70 when this finally plays out. Please keep loading the races, wouldja?

My thought was it was the asymmetry of the compound, not so much the hardness, that was the problem. Reason being the difference between grip turning left and grip turning right would be even greater on the asymmetrical tire. I suspect the guys who crashed would have been fine with the standard harder compound front, but I guess since no one ran that tire (as far as I know) it's impossible to make any comparison.

Wasn't the asym tire used to reduce the difference per side? Maybe they didn't account for rapid ambient temp. drop? I don't kno tho, I wasn't there.

Last edited:
'Pedrosa reflects on bad luck in Phillip Island race' I ask?

Is it really bad luck to be in the middle of the pack and be taken out, or is it that due to lack of speed he end up fighting out with a pack he had no business been around of and got taken out as a consequence of that?

I used to like him, why is he being such a dick in press conferences?

I used to like him too, but he likes to blame everything and anyone except for himself for his bad season. Tip: when you are 1 second off the pace of your team mate, you don't whine to the press about your team.
He blew it. He'll blame the tires.

'Pedrosa reflects on bad luck in Phillip Island race' I ask?

Is it really bad luck to be in the middle of the pack and be taken out, or is it that due to lack of speed he end up fighting out with a pack he had no business been around of and got taken out as a consequence of that?

Yeah, well, Hondas typically have slow first half of races, but someone has to talk to Bradl about using his own brakes in cornering, not the guys in front.

I think no matter where you are on the grid, there is no room for bone headed moves like what Bradl and Iannone did. Pedrosa did the same thing to Hayden in 2006 but Dani let Nicky go by him in Valencia (from third to second), so he can get more points and beat Rossi for the title.(just watched the race on classics).

P.s. Iannone is a fierce rider (I like watching him fight to positions) and I understand sometimes you will touch but he just torpedoed into Pedrosa.

Last edited:
Bradl almost tucked the front, like crutchlow and Pol, upsetting the bike and he almost hit Dovi and went to the right to avoid him and then had nowhere to go and hit Aleix. Racing incident.

Ianone looked like he just overcooked it.

Its hard to judge "racing incidents" when you've never bull rushed a corner with 10 other bikes side by side. Much easier to say he should've slowed down and waited his turn lol. Misjudge your braking point by a split second and you leave yourself with no where to go.

Its hard to judge "racing incidents" when you've never bull rushed a corner with 10 other bikes side by side. Much easier to say he should've slowed down and waited his turn lol. Misjudge your braking point by a split second and you leave yourself with no where to go.

Yup.

Back
Top Bottom