Laws for under glow. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Laws for under glow.

Actually the ORVA has been brought into line with the HTA as many ORV's are now permitted to be used on roads, also the HTA DOES indeed apply to off road vehicles, (in certain circumstances), like when they are being operated ON a roadway. Also regulation HTA 316 is what deals with Off Road vehicle regs.

I have had my LED strips checked and confirmed by OPP that they ARE legal and one of my friends, (who for obvious reasons, I won't identify), have provided a letter that states they ARE legal. They don't actually "flash" in that at least some of the LEDS are constantly illuminated whereas the lights "move" along the strip giving it an "appearance" of motion"

As for the OPS bike the blue light at the front which "appears" to be forward facing doesn't appear to flash but is constantly illuminated therefore it is not a "flashing blue light". I admit it is a "grey area" and the only way for total clarification would be to get an "equipment violation" ticket and take it to court. Once a ruling is obtained then all one has to do is keep a copy of the ruling under their seat..lol

The point is the HTA is at best a poorly worded, (in many sections), regulation. If one were to read it a red turn signal could be either legal or illegal depending upon how one read and interpreted, as the wording in the equipment violations is ambiguous. Also one would have to be a real dick to piss an officer off enough that they would go looking for this as a violation to issue. They don't ticket PRIVATE snow plows, which are NOT covered under the above section, which drive from job to job with their flashing blue light on the road.

So you went from "You CAN HAVE a flashing BLUE light on your vehicle" to "They don't actually "flash""... so which one is it?

So you went from "You CAN HAVE a flashing BLUE light on your vehicle" to "They don't actually "flash""... so which one is it?

I said I have a flashing blue light as that is how I would characterize it for the average person. The lights "lite up in sequential order" but at all times at least some of the bulbs remain lit, but at a quick glance one would say it "appears" to be flashing. But what I have on my bike is immaterial to the OPs question of the bike he has purchased. I did my due diligence by having an officer check the lights and to provide me with his opinion in writing. I am confident in my lights being legal. Just as I am confident in my advice to the OP as his lights do indeed, (at least from the picture), appear to NOT flash.

I said I have a flashing blue light as that is how I would characterize it for the average person. The lights "lite up in sequential order" but at all times at least some of the bulbs remain lit, but at a quick glance one would say it "appears" to be flashing. But what I have on my bike is immaterial to the OPs question of the bike he has purchased. I did my due diligence by having an officer check the lights and to provide me with his opinion in writing. I am confident in my lights being legal. Just as I am confident in my advice to the OP as his lights do indeed, (at least from the picture), appear to NOT flash.

His opinoin wont count, when you get a ticket.

It will be his interpreation of the law, and how its laid out.

I have red LEDs on mine with red and white LEDs on the wheels. Cops are just mesmerized by the wheels and ask me how I power them. LOL

I've never been pulled over regarding the lights and I'm very visible at night. The body and the wheels have separate switches.

IMG_6513_resized.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20130712_000719.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To the OP if you like the way the bike looks with the lights then use them if you don't then remove them or leave them off. Unless your doing something to bring yourself to a point where an officer is going to pull you over it is highly unlikely it will be an issue. I have had mine on all this season and ridden with and past police officers, including a spot check never with an issue they normally comment on them and I say they are for increased night time visibility for my safety they say nothing and away I have ridden.

BUT mine are not on a sport bike nor do I ride in ANY fashion that would give an officer a reason to stop me, on another offence.

The HTA is a very large piece of legislation and MOST offences are never enforced is this one of the ones that "fall way down on "most" officer list of priorities, likely it is.

OP, I believe I sat on your bike and made brambrambraaaammm noises with my mouth when it was on display at GP.

Nice purchase!

Oh you totally sat on my new baby! Not bad shape for an 11 year old bike at all eh?! I'm going to change those front flush mount sigs because they have the blue LED's in them and they have aged and put a custom exhaust on it (copy cating the MV Augusta F3 pipes in brass).

As to what the one guy said, I don't pose at timmies.. it's not a HD and even if there was a cup holder.... the coffee would blow out of it... zoom zoom

I bought a Yamaha R6 a few days ago from GP Bikes and it has under glow... I attached a picture, would this be legal to ride with or no? I couldn't really care for it, but it would make you more visible on night rides. Maybe the person who owned it was a parking lot warrior, who knows.. I just want to know if it's legal.

Thanks!

Im sure cops love bikes with glow lights.....helps them spot your and find you easier to then book you.

Ask guys who ride with a black helmet, black clothes, black bikes...its not about being visible, its about being invisible, and knowing HOW TO RIDE! ....saying you want to be visible is kind like saying you trust a cager is going to care if you are on the road or not, i used to ride like that too, white bikes, bright colour helmets and gear, and ALWAYS got hit....then i leanred my lesson, went all dark, started riding like everyone was trying to kill me, no one owed me shiit, not a single crash since then.

Ride like everyone is trying to kill you.

Im sure cops love bikes with glow lights.....helps them spot your and find you easier to then book you.

Ask guys who ride with a black helmet, black clothes, black bikes...its not about being visible, its about being invisible, and knowing HOW TO RIDE! ....saying you want to be visible is kind like saying you trust a cager is going to care if you are on the road or not, i used to ride like that too, white bikes, bright colour helmets and gear, and ALWAYS got hit....then i leanred my lesson, went all dark, started riding like everyone was trying to kill me, no one owed me shiit, not a single crash since then.

Ride like everyone is trying to kill you.

So wearing Hi-Viz you kept getting hit, wearing all black at night you didn't get hit........ And you think that is the difference or the fact you changed you riding style?
I am assuming when you joined the "Murdered out" club you added loud pipes to save lives.

So if I murder out my bike then I will KNOW HOW TO RIDE? Thanks, going out with the BBQ black right now.

Back
Top Bottom