Motorcycle rental in Mexico or Central America | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle rental in Mexico or Central America

dirtbag

Anyone done this?

The Squeeze and I are pondering a trip south and I think it would be neat to rent a bike for a few days to explore different beaches and other sites. (We rented scooters in Greece and it opened up so much more for us to see and do...)

I'm curious about road / traffic conditions as well as the possibility of rentals.

Just a note when I say bike I'm thinking large scooter or small dirtbike as compared to full sized bikes.

I rented Harley Davidson Sportster 1200cc twice in Cancun before. Had tons of fun.

Funny I was literally going to ask the same question about Carmen Del Playa. I have checked the web but pretty much all I see there are Harley's. Harley's are fine but would prefer more of an adventure bike or a Standard bike. I have been to Playa Del Carmen several times but never rented a bike and we are thinking about going there this January (my wife hasn't been there.)

Funny you mentiond renting Scooters in Greece. I was there for two weeks in June (honeymoon) and rented a scooter in Mykonos and we were in Santorni for over a week and rented a V-Strom while we were there. They sure let us see places we simply would not have gotten too otherwise.

..Tom

Last edited:
Who did you rent from? Website.

TIA

It's local Harley Davidson dealership in Cancun. Right by downtown there. They have a good selection of bikes for rent.

I've rented scooters in both Cancun & the Bahamas & dirt bikes/ATV's in Aruba. Never a problem. Lots of fun, but not always the best maintained machines. My avatar was taken in Aruba this past spring.

Cozumel's such a small island, I can't see why you'd need a Harley there, but they have 'em. A scooter is far more practical as you can do some of the dirt roads there. I even got pulled over for speeding on a scooter there. And no, I'm not a Harley basher.

Seen both scooters & motorcycles for rent in both Playa del Carmen & Puerto Vallarta.

Driving isn't too bad down there, roads aren't always the greatest, especially off the main highways.

Last edited:
Two questions:

Pricing?

Gear? Normally I'm an ATGATT guy but of course that flew out the window in Greece where it was just the pudding bowl lid, t shirt, shorts and the Chuck Conners.

Cancun is not an island.

Cancun is a peninsula. (If you read earlier I said isthmus but realized it was a peninsula.)

Cozumel is an island.

..Tom

Last edited:
And Belize is not in South America. Just sayin'...

LOL. You guys are mean. Check out ADV rider forums... they have a lot of great information on riding in other countries down there.

Back
Top Bottom