My year long ACF-50 vs WD40 vs Naked rust inhibitor test | GTAMotorcycle.com

My year long ACF-50 vs WD40 vs Naked rust inhibitor test

codemonk

Last year I'v got some ACF-50 rust inhibitor that I used on my vintage bike. It is not cheap so I wanted to know that I purchased snake oil or some real rust protection.

My DIY test is not scientific at all but it is controlled enough to be useful.

Stage 1: Soaking. Test mediums was sprayed with water on a daily basis for 10 days
Stage 2: Storing. Test mediums were stored outside in a semi covered area exposed to humidity and temperature but not to direct rain for a year.

Picture 1: End of soaking test (10 days)
Picture 2: End of outside storage (1 year)

Left: ACF-50
Center: WD-40
Right: Naked / No treatment

Make your own conclusions....

1050229.jpg

1050990.jpg

i'm game. send me a pm and i'll buy a can.

how does it smell?

i'm game. send me a pm and i'll buy a can.

how does it smell?

Not bad. It smokes a little if you spray it on the exhaust and fire off the bike shortly after.

PM will be sent soon.

Thanks for the quick an easy sale

Thanks for the quick an easy sale

No problem. Nobody likes rust on their headers =(

I've heard this stuff works on electrical components to so I sprayed some on there to prevent corrosion on wires.

Which size are you selling for $15? I buy the big bottles usually. Price just went up, I'm told. I'm almost out of my last bottle so was thinking of getting another case but it looks like you're stealing all my business on selling the extras, lol.

Which size are you selling for $15? I buy the big bottles usually. Price just went up, I'm told. I'm almost out of my last bottle so was thinking of getting another case but it looks like you're stealing all my business on selling the extras, lol.

There's more than one size? lol I have really long bottles, I can't imagine them being any bigger than this.

EDIT: I'll check tmr morning.

there's a dirty joke in there, somewhere...

You can order them with a small squirting bottle and a large bottle of product to refill the small bottle with. Works out a little cheaper over all.

Royal has singles and you can also buy singles at the store at the Brantford airport.

Royal has singles and you can also buy singles at the store at the Brantford airport.

Cool! Although if I buy a whole case they'll deliver it to my door for free, too, heh.

Cool! Although if I buy a whole case they'll deliver it to my door for free, too, heh.

Oops I meant to quote zrxter above who asked where to buy it as it appears he is from Hamilton so close to the Brantford airport store. The store also has tons of other cool stuff if you're a penetrent geek.

I still have half a bottle that I bought from you last year, great stuff. Cheers

Thanks for test OP.

Where and when (on the bike) do you use e.g. ACF-50?
Is this a 'for winter storage' product? On all metal parts (except brake rotor I guess)?

Yep anything metal that might rust. Safe to get on plastic and rubber. Good for protecting electrical connections, too.

Good score! Brantford Airport. Will use on window a/c unit and inside m/c frame and sundry.

Back
Top Bottom