Anyone ever get towed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever get towed?

roark007

i was parked downtown and had a meeting run over...completely forgot to move my bike - it wasn't towed - but there was a sixty dollar ticket attached to the passenger strap. BUT - one mirror was ripped off - and my shift lever handle was mis-positioned - not bent. my guess is that they tried to tow me - failed - and reset the bike. is this possible? There was no damage to the side of the bike so i'm pretty sure no one knocked it over. it was just a cheap bar-end mirror that got ripped off - but I'm still curious as to what is the likeliest explanation.

"Downtown" is a rather vague location. If you want intelligent advice,
you might provide some specifics, such as location, exact time of the
charge, and the description, in words, of the alleged offence, together
with a clear description of the law or by-law you are alleged to have
broken.

We are a helpful lot, mainly because words are realcheap,
but we are notoriously poor at guesswork.

It was 430 pm at 326 Adelaide Street West. The allowed parking times are 930-330pm. I committed a code 9: Stopped signed highway during prohibited times.

Maybe someone liked... or didn't like your mirror, depending if you found the removed piece or not...

Explanation: Dumbass likes your bike, it's shiny and he wants one, he thinks he is the best motoGP racer EVAR! he sits down on your bike to grace it with his ImagineGP royal ***, forgets that kickstands are only on one side, By By bar end and hello damage.

Last edited:
Not personally but I watched them tow 2 bikes in bloor west for parking outside of allowed hours. The tow truck drivers didn't seem to have any issues at all.

edit: these were just regular tow trucks, not flat beds

Last edited:
I got towed during the summer, they used a regular tow truck. Cost me $195 to get the bike back. Lesson learned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

on a side note, how do you know they towed your vehicle and someone didn't steal it?? Do you get a call from the impound lot?

on a side note, how do you know they towed your vehicle and someone didn't steal it?? Do you get a call from the impound lot?

Well most people coming out and finding their bike missing would assume.. "someone stole my bike" they then call the police. The police say nope computer check shows your bike was towed you can get it by calling ABC towing. When a bike is towed, (or car truck, bus etc), by parking enforcement it is entered into the computer system automatically as the truck is pulling away with it. This is to the police don't do a stolen vehicle report on a towed vehicle.

Most likely explanation is the one from puttockc. Parking enforcement put a ticket on it. Some one else ripped the mirror. Perhaps a disgruntled driver trying to exact revenge for your forgetfulness. You got off cheap at 60 dollars and a cheap bar-end mirror.

Jock

Back
Top Bottom