Parking Ticket from Montreal, QC - Wrong info | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking Ticket from Montreal, QC - Wrong info

PLau

Over the weekend in Montreal I got a ticket on my car for not paying at the meter which was pretty messed cause there was no meter, just a pole that stated a number about 5 meters away from the actual spot and it was all in French (which I don't understand). That being said, I genuinely didn't know that I was supposed to walk about half a kilometer to the nearest pay station and put the pole number in and pay for the spot (which I found out later that day). I only noticed that pole after walking about a kilometer down the street seeing another pole every 20 meters or so.

That being said, I came back to find a $52 parking ticket wondering wtf cause I swear I saw a sign that stated times and days of the week that you can park with no meter in sight. I ended up saying F- it, I'll pay it when I get home.

Upon review of the ticket, I noticed that the ticket has the wrong car model. The car is a Toyota Matrix but the ticket says Toyota Prius.
The license plate info is correct.
[ADDITION]
The area where it asks for Name, Address, City, and Postal Code are empty as well.

Would I be able to do something to avoid paying this ticket without driving all the way back to Montreal to fight it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Would I be able to do something to avoid paying this ticket without driving all the way back to Montreal to fight it?

Thanks in advance.

Only if you hire a paralegal which would be a good idea anyway, if you aren't fluent in French.

The reason why the personal information was blank was because the person issuing the ticket couldn't readily check the information, but that isn't a problem for the city.

Do not hire someone to fight it. It's a $50 ticket. I don't know if you can get it lowered but if it takes more than 1 hour of your time then just pay it. An hour of my life is worth more than $55 :)

Do not hire someone to fight it. It's a $50 ticket. I don't know if you can get it lowered but if it takes more than 1 hour of your time then just pay it. An hour of my life is worth more than $55 :)

Exactly. I wasn't actually advising that the OP hire a paralegal, but rather showing the costs to fighting it. Do you want to pay $50.00 for a ticket, that's valid on its face, or $250.00+ for a paralegal to fight it, with every chance of losing? Seems like a no brainer, if you want to minimize overall cost.

Exactly. I wasn't actually advising that the OP hire a paralegal, but rather showing the costs to fighting it. Do you want to pay $50.00 for a ticket, that's valid on its face, or $250.00+ for a paralegal to fight it, with every chance of losing? Seems like a no brainer, if you want to minimize overall cost.

Yup, I had no intent of hiring someone to fight a $50 parking ticket rather somehow getting it lowered without actually going to the courthouse.
Anyways, I'll be paying it when I get home...

[/thread]

Back
Top Bottom