Cam Seized by Outaouais Police | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cam Seized by Outaouais Police

200 in a 70.....yes really.

Darwinism at it's finest.

Who measured the speed?
The video camera?
The "witness" who complained?

Honestly, they can say they whatever they want, that they were going 350kph, but that can't stand in court unless there is evidence...

Just curious: is passing on double-yellow lines illegal in Quebec? I know it isn't (in and of itself) in Ontario.

..Tom

Just curious: is passing on double-yellow lines illegal in Quebec? I know it isn't (in and of itself) in Ontario.

..Tom

Yes it is...Ontario = good (at times), Quebec = bad (all the time).

I spent a few summers in Ottawa and rode the Quebec roads a lot, first thing I learned...that and the Quebec police don't mess around with bikers.

Also, right turns on red light illegal in Montreal, legal in the rest of the province.

(Used to be illegal in the whole province but that changed except for Montreal.)

Why do morons insist on wearing go pros or video taping themselves on the street..idiots!!!!

This was pretty much all that needed to be said. You insist on using cameras like that and there's what happens. Don't ride like a ****** and film it. The argument about how easy it is to do 200 on a liter bike is also moot. 600's do it fairly easily too. Doesn't make it ok. Time and a place is something a lot of people should really learn

I have a litre bike..I find it very easy to control my speed. Perhaps you have Parkinsons and your right hand shakes uncontrollably? I'd get that looked at.

If you really have a liter bike, you know how danger it is. You risk your life and your love ones while having the pleasure of riding a supersport bike of your own, that you know is extremely dangerous and fast. No matter how good you can control your bike, you can't control other drivers.

While you can risk your life doing what you enjoy, I don't why can't others risk their life to have fun as well.

This is life dude, no right or wrong.

Why is it always the Beemer and Yamaha guys? Why can't everyone ride responsibly like the Gixxer guys?

Why is it always the Beemer and Yamaha guys? Why can't everyone ride responsibly like the Gixxer guys?

+1

Ty for the laugh.

the 229 demerit points is a meaningless mention in the article; the maximum they can each get upon conviction is 7 and that's if one of the charges is failing to stop for a police officer

I wouldn't break cheque one

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

It sounds like the only creditable witness is the camera. Are the police legally allowed to seize it and use it against the owner without a court order in hand. PQ laws are different than the rest of Canada in many respects.

Stupid antics regardless.

If you really have a liter bike, you know how danger it is. You risk your life and your love ones while having the pleasure of riding a supersport bike of your own, that you know is extremely dangerous and fast. No matter how good you can control your bike, you can't control other drivers.

While you can risk your life doing what you enjoy, I don't why can't others risk their life to have fun as well.

This is life dude, no right or wrong.

I tried Google translate on this and I got back "404 language not found".

I was under the impression that police could only use video that was uploaded to public domain (ie : the internet) and use that to lay charges... isn't it unlawful seizure to rip someone's go-pro off their bike or helmet and use that as damning evidence? By that logic, cops could nab your GPS and use the recorded trip to hit you with a speeding charge

Back
Top Bottom