Back from Ohio and 1 day in West Virginia | GTAMotorcycle.com

Back from Ohio and 1 day in West Virginia

NightShadow

What can I say but WOW - A ton of insane roads. If you have never been - then you need to go check
them out. Had just as much fun as doing the dragon and surrounding area's . If anyone tells you Ohio is
flat - tell them they don't know what they are talking about. You just need to know where to look.
Took me 6 hours down & then started the fun.

I have posted the pics below

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/SueakaBarrel/library/Ohio?sort=3&page=1&postlogin=true

Last edited:
WOW, great trip and pictures. hope one day can do alot more travel in the usa soon.
thanks for the pics, ride safe.

Did you get caught in that rain yesterday? Coming back from Ohio last night I probably spent 400 km riding in rain, maybe not my wisest move.

Last edited:
I did Ohio last year and it was great.

Great pictures Nightshadow. Wayne National Park was beautiful and I recognize OH-6. Definitley one of my favorite roads that I have been on.

What can I say but WOW - A ton of insane roads. If you have never been - then you need to go check
them out. Had just as much fun as doing the dragon and surrounding area's . If anyone tells you Ohio is
flat - tell them they don't know what they are talking about. You just need to know where to look.

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/SueakaBarrel/library/Ohio?sort=3&page=1&postlogin=true

Welcome to the addiction. PA is just a cheap door mat to the real riding in WV and OH valley.

I did the 555 from Zanesville to Parkersburg last year and loved it. I would assume all the good riding in Ohio is southeast of Columbus????

Do you have a link to your route by any chance?

Wow, looks awesome! I've only once ventured out of Ontario...and that was on an IBA run so not really enjoying the scenery and local roads.

IMAWILDPARTY - As to the Rain - I was heading East and a bit north on my way back. Wanted to check out a park in PA on my way.back.
I was heading east and the further east - it got worse. So headed back west and then north for home. Didn't get any rain till Hamilton. I was back here by 4pm or so..

Slowbird - If you have a couple of days down there - you need to really check that area out From Waynes forest to the East into WV.

ggelements - PA is a nice place if u have only a day or 2 days to explore. (Way better then Ontario)
And Yes WV and Ohio are just to good.

Gary64 - Yes it is all in the Southeast. Cross the river and you are in WV. Close to fabulous roads.
I stayed in Marietta - You can do any ride from there and be back for dinner. As for
the 555 - It is a good road but just as many other good ones or better as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did do a ride in WV one day and was about 400 k - Was one road that is nicknamed the Devils Backbone.
Was a good road. Sorry I can't remember the real name of the road.

It's to bad - I should have posted my 9 day ride in August that Zigged Zagged from just below Pittsburgh - All mountain riding (no Hwy)
right down to the bottom of Georgia and circled around the smokey mountains and back along blue ridge & skyline.
Was so many roads that there wasn't enough time to check much out. Rides were very long days. Oh and most days it was rain.
We had so much fun that we are thinking of doing again next year with a few changes.

Back
Top Bottom