3 projects on the go.. Honda, yamaha, harley | GTAMotorcycle.com

3 projects on the go.. Honda, yamaha, harley

Barstool

new to the site.. but loving all the information on here so far.. and everyone is within driving distances which hopefully will turn into so rides with some of you guys and gals.. I currently have 3 builds on the go and I,ll post a few pictures of whats going on with each build in this thread.. first is a xs400 I picked up south of the boarder for my daughter.. doing a café style jap but she is not really feeling the direction as she wants more of a sport bike.. so I,ll be looking for something over the winter for her now.. but the boy (hes 12) likes this so we will finish it and see were he stands with it.. might turn into a drop seat chopper at some point. here is a pic of it just after I replaced the bars. after I chopped the back end and formed a seat and cowl before I fiberglassed it I do have some picks after seat made.. but I was not happy with the full outcome so I,m going back to the design stage for the rear.. plus the carbs are in bad need of rebuild. now onto the cx500 I picked up in june.. it was in a garage for a better part of 7 or more years. does run.got it for under 300.00. but again carbs need rebuilding and since I stripped the bike down to only need items I,m switching to pod filters which means a re-jet is needed so I,ll do that at the same time (never did it before) but willing to try.. but her are some quick pics.. what it looked like when I got it home .. some stuff done new clubmans and cut off the rear and added a seat and cowl (not fully fitted down yet).. you cant see it here but I did remove the air box and will be relocating the battery to under the seat. as well as new gages and tires. also looking for a new tank.. need the deluxe version off a 80s cx500 .. now a few picks of my long term project.. my 75 ironhead .. this is what it looked like when I bought it a few years back as you can see.. way to much chrome.. so I turned it into this sadly this was not what I was looking for.. so its now completely ripped apart.. and now sits like this.. as you can see the engine is out.. going out rebuild over the winter in my man room ( just don't tell the wife) she does not know yet.. lol and I,m looking to get clip ons maybe.. and maybe a springer front end if its in the budget... so this is what my winter holds for me.. so far I have had a hard time finding time for these projects over the summer.. working full time and my wife and I also own a tattoo studio.. as well as two kids.. so time is limited...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom