Just got a voicemail from a police officer warning me about my driving | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got a voicemail from a police officer warning me about my driving

Several years ago I had someone exiting 404 cut me off (I was in a car) as I was eastbound on Greenlane at the top of 404. The driver ran the red light and if I hadn't have been on top of things it would have been a crash.. I swerved to go around him and he gave me the finger and then followed me to the next light. A few minutes after I got home a York Regional officer came to me door saying that there was complaint of drunk driving. I told him what had happened and that I would go to court as a witness for the other car running the light and almost hitting me but the call-in was anonymous. He said that any call for possible drunk driving gets acted on immediately.

..Tom

Next time a bike gets stolen, the owner should report himself as a drunk driver, only way for them to show up right away

..Genius

Or even better, report this guy as the drunk driver and they may even find the stolen Bike right away https://www.facebook.com/R1Timmay

OP your too slow they got your plate
^ +1

Some freaking idiot was driving 70km/r passing lane getting off QEW on to lakeshore. I flashed my light and honked and he wouldn’t move and he was driving his car side by side to the car next to him. so when there was room a just pinned it by. at the next couple light i see his GF filming me so I just turned over my shoulder and gave em both the double finger and when he got close told him to get his slow *** out of the passing lane. She GF said she was going to call the cops, I was like go ahead you dumb *****. Damn its so annoying have to pass people on the right. I pass in the left and move over if a catch up to the car in front a go into left lane and pass and move back over. Its a simple procedure.

Last edited:
How much is this stupid program costing us?

This is my signature

It probably saves us money ... instead of police having to deal directly with people who saw some guy do some thing on the road the other day, they can just direct them to Roadwatch first.

Edit: I just looked at the website ... it's pretty shabby

The "citation" probably means an officer serving you with a letter or something. They can't charge you with anything, all this really amounts to is a bad character reference.
See below...

Strange right? Better that than a cop showing up at my work or something. But yeah, I'm sure it didn't take a lot of red tape.
lol. They DID come to my work!!! Left his card. On the advice of Forch from Redline I didn't call him back (His words: "If it's important they'll find ya." lol). A week or two later he came to my house. They may have called as well but I have all calls blocked on my cell. He told me that if they received one more complaint they'd give me a summons for a "Driver Improvement Meeting". He said the MTO could suspend my license if I didn't defend myself well?? Not sure if legit or if he was just trying to scare me.

And the complaint was over my driving in a YOUTUBE video, lol. The cop said "We have to follow up on all complaints". Sheesh.

All complaints!

It used to be that you could scream racist and sexist slurs from the comfort of one's cage.

Now one can go to a website and the police will follow-up.

These are modern times we live in.

zamume5e.jpg

Call the cop....and exlpain to him the complainant was probabaly just mad becasue his wife was smiling at you when you winked at her at a red light.

The "citation" probably means an officer serving you with a letter or something. They can't charge you with anything, all this really amounts to is a bad character reference.
Actually... They can charge you with anything.

They can charge you but your accuser has to be willing to face you in court.
Thank you, that is as well what I understand.

Call the cop....and exlpain to him the complainant was probabaly just mad becasue his wife was smiling at you when you winked at her at a red light.

I think this is a possible solution. Get in touch with him and explain you were driving in a civilized and proper manner. Obviously the person who submitted the complain took the wrong plate, or did it in a malicious way, to screw you up.

And maybe it is true, some one may be trying to mess with you... did you piss anyone off lately? At work? your girlfriend? etc?

Several years ago I had someone exiting 404 cut me off (I was in a car) as I was eastbound on Greenlane at the top of 404. The driver ran the red light and if I hadn't have been on top of things it would have been a crash.. I swerved to go around him and he gave me the finger and then followed me to the next light. A few minutes after I got home a York Regional officer came to me door saying that there was complaint of drunk driving. I told him what had happened and that I would go to court as a witness for the other car running the light and almost hitting me but the call-in was anonymous. He said that any call for possible drunk driving gets acted on immediately.

..Tom

Well, this system sounds awfully open to abuse.

Marcos. Ive been thinking a lot about this. I assume I probably did something that legitimately ****** somebody off, I may have cut in front of someone abruptly so that I could make a turn. I am not a perfect rider, and I do take liberties because I'm on a bike. But I don't do so at the risk of myself or others. I probably merged quickly in front of someone who was stopped at a light so I could get into the left lane so I could turn left. At that intersection when there is a lot of traffic backed up you are forced to or you cant make the turn. My rational for doing these things is that I am quick and can easily get in front of, say an SUV before it, or its driver, is able to get moving. So I sometimes will jolt in places quickly. In doing so I don't impede traffic at all as larger vehicles simply cant move that quickly, but people act as if I cut them off anyway. I admit this is probably controversial, but to me its a benefit of having a quicker, more agile vehicle. I don't think motorcycles should be held to the same standards as cars with respect to matters concerning speed and agility so long as we act safely (ie filtering for motorcycles should be legal). We can simply move quicker. Nevertheless, It pisses people off. So that is probably what happened. But that is worst case scenario. This stuff about red lights and almost hitting pedestrians is pure BS.

Someone said in an above post redline had given them advice not to call the officer back,and I would would take that advice,you have no obligation to speak to the police so don't and if they come and find you at work,home,where ever hand them your lawyers card and tell them to "have a nice day"

And the complaint was over my driving in a YOUTUBE video, lol. The cop said "We have to follow up on all complaints". Sheesh.

I presume this is similar rationale on how the 300kph BC rider was charged

Someone said in an above post redline had given them advice not to call the officer back,and I would would take that advice,you have no obligation to speak to the police so don't and if they come and find you at work,home,where ever hand them your lawyers card and tell them to "have a nice day"

Someone posted this youtube link in anther thread, it is a long video and based on american law, but interesting none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

sorry, dont know how to embed video

I presume this is similar rationale on how the 300kph BC rider was charged
I would assume so as well. I guess after that video they put a little more effort into complaints over youtube videos :(

Someone posted this youtube link in anther thread, it is a long video and based on american law, but interesting none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

sorry, dont know how to embed video
If you wrap video tags around the link it'll embed it (usually), like so:

youtube_embed_code.gif

Tada:

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

People are just ******** and sadly it's far too easy for someone to decide to ruin your life or make it difficult with anonymity.

Budd/OP, like you said....you probably did somethign that you thought was minor and someone else thought was a big deal. People seem to get ****** at bikers easily I noticed.

Then this person called and overexaggerated what happended to the police. It happens often and there's little we can do.

Though from personal experience I know a follow up by a Police officer like you experienced is rare, and they must have made you sound like a total reckloose.

Staying quiet might help, but if you feel you didn't do any of the things you were accused of, speaking to the officer might make you feel better and calm your mind.

Back
Top Bottom