Best Bumps To Catch Air Around The GTA? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Bumps To Catch Air Around The GTA?

If you're heading south on the Bayview extension past the Brickworks, the first ramp that takes you East towards the DVP. Just as you finish the ramp and begin to straighten out, there's a nice hump in the road that always lifts my front wheel off even at very low speeds. Just make sure you're full straightened out!

There are subsequent bumps after. I've had a friend pop a wheelie into the wrong lane coming out of that ramp. It's uphill, blind, incredibly dangerous and full of fun lol

If a riders died on that ramp, I wouldn't exactly call it fun. I would be careful whenever trying any of this stuff.

Wouldn't that qualify as stunting?

Many of these bumps to catch air would probably need you to go to (if not, close to) 50km/h over anyways so....

Didn't a rider get killed on that ramp a few years ago?

Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised because of uphill, blind, and merging into traffic very quickly.

Many of these bumps to catch air would probably need you to go to (if not, close to) 50km/h over anyways so....

Ramps, technically, have no speed limit (or 80km/h from some court decisions). Some bumps you just need to be accelerating to catch air even if your exit speed is a measily 60km/h. Regardless, it would be stunting =(

油井緋色;2107062 said:
Ramps, technically, have no speed limit (or 80km/h from some court decisions). Some bumps you just need to be accelerating to catch air even if your exit speed is a measily 60km/h. Regardless, it would be stunting =(

You can't be fined for 'speeding' on an on-ramp (unless you managed to go well above 90 km/h... but good luck trying that)..... but if you ever crash going above the recommended yellow posted speed you can get a reckless.

Downtown Brampton queen west of hw10 there's a sick railroad track I always manage at least a foot of sir on best to hit it going west

20 Sideroad east of Guelph Line, theres one bump that has your front wheel up just going the speed limit 80km/h. Its a nice little stretch with some twisties the bump will come on a straight around 6th Line. Haven't done that area in a while, so not sure if the speed limit is still the same. Go a little over the limit and I'm sure you can easily get the back wheel off. Just make sure you're heading east, heading west the bump doesn't have the same effect. Enjoy.

Ramps are the speed limit of the highway.

[h=3]Speed[/h] On the curve of the entrance ramp, keep your speed slow enough so that objects and people inside your vehicle are not pushed from the force created by turning the curve. While in the acceleration lane, increase your speed to match that of freeway traffic. While merging, control your speed to blend smoothly with freeway traffic.

You're supposed to match the speed of traffic and merge... Not hit 100km/h and go straight in...

Didn't a rider get killed on that ramp a few years ago?
I believe it was May 08 Sol passed away on the ramp coming up from Bayview, and then in Oct 08 Bharat passed away on the bottom corner of the ramp coming down from Bloor. That was a bad year for downed riders. There was a few people from here that went down that year. RIP

Conservation road just west of guelph line nice rollercoaster:D get air both wheels if you hit them with high speed or time it right and hit the gas at the crest of each rise for;) nice wheelie and take twiss road south from there for some nice twistys

It's depressing that Twiss road is considered a good motorcycling road. I mean look at almost any non-urban road in the USA. Twiss is literally a straight line with a wiggle in it, and we get all excited about it.

Olde Base line now has speed bumps and its a 40km/h zone.

It can be fun at as it passes the Cheltenham Badlands but don't think of anything frivolous unless you have a spotter or death wish. Too many cagers making u-turns and the sight line is close to nil. And yes one of the favourite Caledon OPP fishing holes.

Speed

On the curve of the entrance ramp, keep your speed slow enough so that objects and people inside your vehicle are not pushed from the force created by turning the curve. While in the acceleration lane, increase your speed to match that of freeway traffic. While merging, control your speed to blend smoothly with freeway traffic.

You're supposed to match the speed of traffic and merge... Not hit 100km/h and go straight in...

Bah humbug. Accelerate on the entrance to the curve such that your knee will be on the ground through the corner (sport bike) / your floorboard will be scraping (cruiser/touring) or such that all objects inside the vehicle will end up squashed against the door outside the outer tire track (car). Then slow down on the corner exit to match the speed of traffic.

I should add that with regards to the original topic "best bumps to catch air" ... the current answer is "just about everywhere". There are spine-joltingly bad, fork-seal-blowing, suspension-bottoming frost heaves EVERYwhere, and nowhere near enough of them are marked. In today's travels, I saw a temporary "bump" sign that had been placed next to a bad ripple that has been there for the last few months, but completely unmarked and invisible until too late and probably 50 metres ahead of that sign, was a nasty dip followed by a ripple that bottomed the suspension in my car on first one side then the other, and I'm sure it caught air while being tossed around ...

I better work on my suspension before the season kicks off .... LOL

Back
Top Bottom