Motus.....YES! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motus.....YES!

Interesting sound.

If the motor makes much power, it would make for very interesting handling when opened up (the crank spins perpendicular to the wheels, unless they have something counter-rotating, the bike will try to lean pretty hard when you get on the throttle). Guzzi has had this configuration for years and made it work, but the 1650 V4 should be making way more HP than the 110 that MG seems to top out at.

Who the hell are they marketing that to? People that already have a Ducati, Harley and a Buell?

Fail!
Off to a bad start when they spend more time showing you roads and the bike from the air. It looked like ants or could have been any bike.
The first close up of the bike appearing in red looked like some retarded bird coming at you.
Are they selling guitars or bikes?
Just my 2 cents.

Fail!
Off to a bad start when they spend more time showing you roads and the bike from the air. It looked like ants or could have been any bike.
The first close up of the bike appearing in red looked like some retarded bird coming at you.
Are they selling guitars or bikes?
Just my 2 cents.
I was wondering about that too. The video shows almost nothing about the bike or why you'd buy one.

Their website isn't any better. No model details, no specs, badly layed out.

37k for American quality? Lol

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Wow, this isn't looking good. My only awareness of Motus is from the Advrider:Road Warriors thread. That threads been going on forever. Every time I look in (very rarely) all I see is teeth gnashing and hand wringing. Now this video, the "music" doesn't sweeten the deal.

I was wondering about that too. The video shows almost nothing about the bike or why you'd buy one.

Their website isn't any better. No model details, no specs, badly layed out.

Too bad you didn't get signed up for their email updates. I've been on it for >3yrs.
It's been cool to see a company with a vision go from a mere "thought", to concept, to production, to sales.
No - I wouldn't buy one, but it's been a very interesting story.

Should be in the Stupidly overpriced motorcycle thread....

I think the last time I heard about the Motus, they were floating a number in the low to mid 20's ... that seemed expensive, but at least a possible sell. I really liked the idea of what they were trying to do, but they definitely have priced themselves out of business now.

I wouldn't laugh.. The quality of Chinese components is on a MAJOR upswing these days.

Don't know too much about that. But I've always been happy with my princess auto tools

Just my opinion but i wouldnt spend 5k on something that hideous looking. ans someone mentioned up there, they showed the road more than the bike and i think we all know why lol

Holy crap guys. North American guys trying to start from relative scratch to build top quality bikes to compete with the mass marketed and manufactured overseas bikes and I see nothing (minus a few) but negative comments. Ya the price is high.....called economy of scale.....and the fact that they aren't currently produced on an assembly line by a company who has had decades to reduce costs. These guys had/have a vision of producing very high quality unique motorcycles for a specific market....using locally manufactured components (for the most part).
"Stupidly overpriced"?? Really? I think some will never get it or appreciate the engineering and craftmanship behind some things.
Ya they are expensive.....but you have to remember they won't be selling thousands and thousands of bikes in order to cover the start up costs. Hmmmmmmm.....wonder if Ducati....BMW....Buell were always as "inexpensive" as they are now?
Would I buy one right now? Christ no....can't afford it. Would I if I had $40k to spend on a bike....sure would consider it! Why?....well I'd have to ride it first....but like every bike manufacturer out there....this particular brand has a certain appeal ....and it speaks to me. Underdog....initiative....quality (seemingly)....uniqueness.....and that exhaust sound! Can't go on performance alone.....and you can't go on specs alone. Ask a Ducati owner why he spent $20k on his bike when a $13k japanese bike may be capable of outperforming it on every level. It's not just about price guys.....

Last edited:
Holy crap guys. North American guys trying to start from relative scratch to build top quality bikes to compete with the mass marketed and manufactured overseas bikes and I see nothing (minus a few) but negative comments. Ya the price is high.....called economy of scale.....and the fact that they aren't currently produced on an assembly line by a company who has had decades to reduce costs. These guys had/have a vision of producing very high quality unique motorcycles for a specific market....using locally manufactured components (for the most part).
"Stupidly overpriced"?? Really? I think some will never get it or appreciate the engineering and craftmanship behind some things.

Please tell me who is the market because according to THEIR advertising video clip I can not tell.

I wish these guys nothing but the best. Why wouldn't I? Some pretty bright and accomplished people working there, no doubt. They must have done the numbers, economy of scale etc. To get over the hurdle, the Motus would have to carry a certain cache and all that. That's a huge gamble. Reminds me of somebody else. Buell. My $18,500(!) 2000 M2 Cyclone sat at the dealer 'til 2004, then sold for 1/2 that. I bought it in 2008 for 1/2 that again in pristene shape. Others became donors for chopper engines. Nobody seemed to appreciate the engineering and craftsmanship behind those things. I guess the market decides. These forum posts might be a microcosim of the market.

Back
Top Bottom