Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015

iFly55

http://www.motoroids.com/news/honda-rcv-1000-motogp-replica-unveiling-reported-eicma-2013/

Ever since Honda President Takanobu Ito stated that development of a new RC213V inspired supersports was on- the motorcycle has largely remained a mystery. Except a few patent drawings surfacing on the web, Honda has been completely mum over the bike.

Online Italian Magazine insella.it in their article that appears to be an insider info, reports of the Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica to be unveiled at EICMA 2013. In fact it is even stated that Honda collectors have been invited to Japan for a private unveiling of the motorcycle well before the curtains are raised at EICMA.

As could be understood from the patent drawings (via Motorcyclists.com) and the engine configuration that powers HRC’s MotoGP motorcycle- RCV 1000 would most probably retain a V4 configuration slated to be belting out over 200 bhp while being equipped with state-of-the-art electronics package, again on lines of Honda’s MotoGP venture.

Insella also reports that the image (that rather looks like a rendering) has been published by Honda itself attributing the drawing to one of its designers. In an attempt to make it look more like the Honda RC213V currently ridden by Pedrosa and Marquez at the MotoGP world championships, a set of two mini LED lights on the Honda RCV 1000 have been shrunk and housed into the air vents.

Replication of high end MotoGP technologies on a street legal motorcycle isn’t going to be cheap. The prices for the Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica motorcycle is rumoured to be in the region of € 100,000 (close to a whopping INR 85 lacs on conversion) dwarfing the US$ 72,500 priced Ducati Desmosedici RR. So it can be well assumed that the RCV 1000 would be gracing a collector’s garage than rubbing shoes on tarmac.

And though the bike is said to make an appearance at EICMA 2013, the final product won’t be ready before 2015. But we’d still wait to see Honda disclose its cards at Milan.

dv6h.png

gq0s.png

33i9.png

Last edited:
dooches gotta dooche..does the $140,000 include a security guard named Julien?

It may blow your mind to believe this but... there are plenty of moto aficionado's who have $$ to throw around. $59k e-bikes or a $100k collector isn't going to break their bank. Hence the "private" viewing.

It may blow your mind to believe this but... there are plenty of moto aficionado's who have $$ to throw around. $59k e-bikes or a $100k collector isn't going to break their bank. Hence the "private" viewing.

And, as with $1M supercars, few will ever leave a heated garage.

Awesome. Or just buy a RSV4 Factory for $20K. Want 200hp? Install the AMA kit, or have KWS build you an 1140cc setup with 200whp streetable, around $10K more (complete including labour).

10RSV4-1078cc-WB.jpg

Last edited:
Right on cue, give it a rest for once.

Awesome. Or just buy a RSV4 Factory for $20K. Want 200hp? Install the AMA kit, or have KWS build you an 1140cc setup with 200whp streetable, around $10K more (complete including labour).

Or for $12G you could buy a 3rd Gen 10R and get the motor that Kawi Canada has sitting on a shelf that they're trying to get rid of.

Hrm. Wish it fit in a 08 GSXR... LOL

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

You can look at it, but don't let me catch you sniffing the seat.

On-topic: I think it's a total ripoff. And unless it's appreciably better in some way than proven, time-tested bikes that are already out there, I don't know what it's purpose in life is. To be a fanboy bike, I suppose. It's doubtful that anyone will buy one to race it.

I thought the Desmosedici was outrageous. This Honda is twice the price.

Last edited:
P.s. some do (if you haven't seen it before)
[video=youtube;8PQ4VGMDMQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQ4VGMDMQU[/video]
to be fair, the cars were not th most expensive things in the video... any idea what that farm equipment costs? some of it starts at 500k
just as a idea, heres a used 2010 for just under 300k
http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-CA/machine/2010-john-deere-9530t-tractor-2310738

i hope honda puts this redesign style into their 600cc class as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom