Bonnechere Valley | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bonnechere Valley

PFD023

Friend of mine and I just completed a loop around Algonquin Park starting from North Bay. Came across some fantastic roads and thought I'd share if you are looking for smooth roads with big sweeping turns and lots of hills (ain't we all?).
By far some of the best riding I've come across in Ontario.
We came from the north into Pembrooke and took Round Lake road west to Bonnechere Prov Park. Kept on that (heading south) till 512 near Killaloe. Nice long straight stretch of the road with no intersections if you want to pick up the pace in relative safety. Took 515 southwest ......things get even better on this road....unbelievable. 515 will lead you west into Combermere and from there we picked up 62 to Barry's Bay and got onto 60 to go through the Park. Gotta tell you the Park was abit of a downer compared to the previous hour or so of riding.....heavy traffic and gawkers (40kph).
If you are looking for a good area to ride......this is one.

I did a ride in August similar to your route. Started in Minden, to New Liskeard and back to North Bay first -agreed great riding. However I was on 68 I think it was ,into Combermere, a "cross country shortcut" that was just freshly tarred with pea-gravel-like topping.- was 15 km of riding on marbles. Now that it should be packed down, it would be a nice scenic stretch, hilly and twisty. Riders complain about boring riding in Ontario, but if you get in to Haliburtons, Madawaska Valley, Ottawa Valley, I think the riding is quite good. Left lots of roads for next time.

Back
Top Bottom