Passenger Not Wearing Seat belt Ticket From Trenton Area (Special Case) Need Help!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Passenger Not Wearing Seat belt Ticket From Trenton Area (Special Case) Need Help!!

kickstartt

Hi Guys:

Here is the story - a friend of mine who is visiting Toronto for 10 days from China got caught not wearing seatbelt in my car and got ticketed in Trenton area. The OPP officer took down her address in China on the ticket and my license plate. She gave him her passport as ID, so her passport # might have been recorded.

What my concern is what would happen if she doesnt pay the ticket? Will it effect her getting an Ontario driver license next year when she comes back to stay for 3 years?

My friend doesn't have a driver license in Canada.

Anybody has similar experience before?

Please share

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys:

Here is the story - a friend of mine who is visiting Toronto for 10 days from China got caught not wearing seatbelt in my car and got ticketed in Trenton area. The OPP officer took down her address in China on the ticket and my license plate. She gave him her passport as ID, so her passport # might have been recorded.

What my concern is what would happen if she doesnt pay the ticket? Will it effect her getting an Ontario driver license next year when she comes back to stay for 3 years?

My friend doesn't have a driver license in Canada.

Anybody has similar experience before?

Please share

Thanks

If she doesn't pay then the MTO will generate a DL # for her then suspend her. If she were to be caught driving in Ontario, even with a Chinese licence accompanied with an International Driver's Licence, she can be charged with driving while suspended. She will not be able to get an Ontario DL until she pays the fine and I would suspect the $150 reinstatement fee, even though she doesn't have a licence.

she pays half, and you pay half. YOU should know the laws in Ontario and should have told her she has to wear the seatbelt. if you hit someone and she flew thru the windshield how would you feel?

she pays half, and you pay half. YOU should know the laws in Ontario and should have told her she has to wear the seatbelt. if you hit someone and she flew thru the windshield how would you feel?

You're assuming OP didn't tell her. Either way, if she's over 15 then it's her responsibility.

You're assuming OP didn't tell her. Either way, if she's over 15 then it's her responsibility.

This.

If she doesn't want to pay her fine, why should you??

hop in my car, you wear a seatbelt. hop on the back of my bike, you wear a helmet and armour. if my action, or some idiot on the roads actions can injure you then at the least i will make sure you have whatever protection available.

Correct if she fails to pay the fine at some point, the MTO WILL suspend her ONTARIO DL, (as stated they will for the purposes of the fine issue her a DL#), she will then have to pay the fine plus the reinstatement fee, to obtain a DL at that point.

seeing this will be her first ticket in Ontario MOST insurers won't even ask if she has any previous tickets as a new driver they would assume she won't..lol

was she just finishing or about to start a BJ? If so, pay the ticket for her.

Thank you for all the replies and entertainment

It was just bad luck, we stopped for lunch and then got back to the car, and only 5 minutes after driving on local roads we ran into a OPP check point..... I forgot to check, which i always do for my passengers if she had her seatbelt on before I drove off.

I shall let her proceed in payment...

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom