2008 Kawasaki 250r | GTAMotorcycle.com
  • Please use the new GTAM Classified section. Check it out HERE

2008 Kawasaki 250r

knowledge

Site Supporter
Selling my 2008 Kawasaki 250r if you, or anyone you know is looking to buy a bike. I'm putting it up here a day before I list it on Kijiji as I'd like to sell within the community, if possible.

Anyone who knows me knows that I take care of my stuff!

e30ninja.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDAxMzAtMjAxMDA4MTAtMTIwNS5qcGc.jpgWP_20131001_23_20_05_Pro.jpgWP_20131002_00_08_59_Pro.jpg

Thorough information about price, mods done, what's included, maintenance, etc. can all be seen in this microsoft word file: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5DA7A5C94D049B72!290&authkey=!ABO9bKUuu3DzGxs. If you don't want to open the document, I've copied and pasted it below.

Any other questions and you can PM me for my e-mail.

Thanks!

---------------
I know it’s a lot to read, but read the whole thing – any questions that I’ve already answered will be ignored. This is all of the information that I wished sellers would’ve included when I was shopping for a bike. The price is $3500 – before you try to negotiate lower, read the whole document because it’s priced pretty fairly; even with the mileage accounted for.

I’m selling my 2008 250r. It’s in very good condition, and I bought it from the first owner with exactly 323 kms on it. Right now it has 26874 kms, and I’ve been the only owner since I bought it about 5 years ago. It’s been meticulously cared for, waxed, and all that good stuff. All maintenance was done as per the service manual. The engine’s in great shape and there aren’t any murmurs or ticks. These engines are known to rev high and be solid provided that the oil levels are maintained and checked regularly (which I’ve done).

Performance-related work done on it:

• Area P full system carbon exhaust: -7 lbs on the bike weight and +5hp
  • Carbs have been shimmed needles rejetted because it already runs lean stock. It’s a more balanced fuel mixture (with the full system accounted for)
  • Bridgestone BT45 tires are on it. They’re a dual-compound sport-touring tire and a lot better than the stock tires that come on it (IRC Roadwinners). The centre is harder for long-distance riding and the edges of the tire are a softer compound for more grip in the corners. They still have a couple of seasons left in them as there’s a lot of tread left.
  • I’ve done every single oil change on time. I broke the engine in using Dino oil + varying the rpm to let the pistons seat properly, switched to synthetic, then settled for semi-synthetic because it shifts more smoothly
  • Full maintenance check at 24000 kms: brake pads were changed, the valve clearance was perfect; suspension, cooling, fuel system, drivetrain, electrical system, etc. were all checked

Non-performance work done:

• White reflective rim tape
  • Ninja stickers were taken off
  • Nautil Stabilus truck horn (currently disconnected, but the wiring’s all there)
  • Talon eagle alarm system (disconnected as well, btu the harness and wiring is still all there)
  • Shift sock: it keeps your shoes clean from bike grease/oil (lol)
  • It has shogun frame (semi)no-cut frame sliders. It saves the body/fairings in case you drop it on either side.
  • New Yuasa battery put in last week. It has a 1 year warranty and I’ll include the receipt.

I’ve never crashed it. But it was backed into a couple of years ago and the driver took off. I got it plastic welded and the fairings re-painted with OEM paint, so you can’t even tell. Bike geometry was also checked and there aren’t any problems with alignment

The only problem with it is that the tachometer light needs to be changed. It’s an easy fix and it’s just a lightbulb that needs to be changed – I just haven’t had the time to do it. There are a couple of scratches, but nothing major that won’t be buffed out with a paint crayon + a couple layers of wax.
Also included in the purchase:

• UVIP
  • New oil Filter
  • I’ll answer pretty much any question you have if you’re a new rider – I’m a walking 250r encyclopedia, so it would actually be pretty useful
  • Can of Dupont chain lube
  • 2 sets of keys
  • Owner’s manual
  • I’ll also e-mail you a pdf of the service/maintenance manual

All-in-all, it has about $2000 worth of work, parts, & mods on it that wouldn’t be included on the stock ninja(not including regular maintenance/oil changes/etc.). I’ve also got a lot of extra gear that I’d be willing to let go for cheap (4 spare helmets, a bunch of spare jackets; mesh, textile, and leather, and gloves).

There are no liens on the bike and the bike is registered under my name so you won’t have any surprise issues– come see the bike in person before you request for a UVIP as they expire within 30 days. The price is firm; so if I don’t sell it now, I can get a friend to sell it for $4000 when spring hits next year.

Back
Top Bottom