Algonquin Wed Oct 2nd | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Wed Oct 2nd

palmpalm

Site Supporter
Thinking of heading up to Algonquin for a day ride but will only have 7 hours. Am thinking of going up 35 then back on 11 and 400 if pressed for time, back on 35 if time. Any roads around there I should hit up? Great twisties? Any roads to avoid? conditions this time of year? Hopefully don't run into any moose/bear/deer etc on the road.

Last edited:
All those roads are in amazing condition, 60 across the park had just been paved :). 35 to 60 and then back across 60 down 35 to the 118 headed to 11 is a nice route.
Colors are just passed peak but still magnificent.

All those roads are in amazing condition, 60 across the park had just been paved :). 35 to 60 and then back across 60 down 35 to the 118 headed to 11 is a nice route.
Colors are just passed peak but still magnificent.

Boooya Route is great if your going that far up hit 507, Elephant Lake Road around Baptiste Lake and Loop Rd.

Google Link to show you a great option ... http://goo.gl/maps/7WBjV

Last edited:
Boooya Route is great if your going that far up hit Elephant Lake Road around Baptiste Lake and Loop Rd.

He's only got 7 hours, may be to tight to do that loop if he's gonna be sightseeing but yea that's defiantly a great loop to go.

I noticed today that the colours down here are not vibrant - almost as if it's drought conditions....many browns and yellows instead of vibrant reds or bright orange.

I wonder if that insane hot spell ( 34 degrees in Toronto ) caused it.

Looks like I'm right

stdprod_109246.gif

areas I've been rising got only 40-60 percent of normal rain in August.

Sept figures not out but bet it's the same.

I did the following route and I went from Toronto starting at 7am and came back around 3pm (very minimal stops - gas / pee / drink of water and go). Hwy 400N to 11N to 118E to Loop Rd to Elephant Lake Rd to Peterson Rd. Then 127N to 60W through the Park. Colours started off dull but then turned very vibrant through the mid/eastern section of the park. Then 35S back to 118W then right back to 11S back home to Toronto. It was a LOT of riding and I should've slowed to enjoy the ride and scenery more but it worked for me and I had a happy wife to come home to that we could still spend the rest of the afternoon/evening together.

We ended up going up 35 to 60, took some photos in the park then took 11/400 back. Still have yet to ride 118 or 117. I did drive 118 in my car a few winters ago though.

We ended up going up 35 to 60, took some photos in the park then took 11/400 back. Still have yet to ride 118 or 117. I did drive 118 in my car a few winters ago though.

I'd recommend going to Bancroft, take Peterson Road, Elephant Lake Rd, Loop Rd to 118 and then book it back West on 118...definitely a fun ride. I'm actually hoping to do that a few more times this year before winter kicks in.

Let me know on that - I'd be up for it - try my cool new heated vest :D

oops hmm gone for 3 weeks out west touring by car....gues late November might be a stretch ..:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom