Going to the Ganny Sunday (Sept 29), interested? All welcome to join us. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going to the Ganny Sunday (Sept 29), interested? All welcome to join us.

DarylinAjax

Hi All,

Now that my 13 year-old son's arm is finally out of the cast (long story) we're ready to explore the Ganny a bit more. We've not ridden the area enough to say we're familiar with it, lots more to explore.

Our level of riding is more on the intermediate side, we are not wild and crazy (...at least I'm not...) but plan to have as much fun as we can. We like single-track the best.

The more the merrier. If anyone would care to join us you would be most welcome. I'm riding a white Honda XR650L with a big red rack on the rear and my son will be on his blue Yamaha TTR125.

We'll be at P2 mid-morning, say around 10:00ish. If P2 is busy we'll park in P3.

Cheers,
Daryl & Max

Hi All,

Now that my 13 year-old son's arm is finally out of the cast (long story) we're ready to explore the Ganny a bit more. We've not ridden the area enough to say we're familiar with it, lots more to explore.

Our level of riding is more on the intermediate side, we are not wild and crazy (...at least I'm not...) but plan to have as much fun as we can. We like single-track the best.

The more the merrier. If anyone would care to join us you would be most welcome. I'm riding a white Honda XR650L with a big red rack on the rear and my son will be on his blue Yamaha TTR125.

We'll be at P2 mid-morning, say around 10:00ish. If P2 is busy we'll park in P3.

Cheers,
Daryl & Max

Hey Daryl and Max. Sunday Might not be the best day to explore in the Ganny. The Great pine enduro is on Sunday And I would guess there will be in the area of 150 bikes ripping through all the single track. They use up an aweful lot of the Forest. They start at I believe 10 and will finish approx 3. For more info go to the offroad Ontario website.

You may be okay in the east forest i'm not sure if they are heading over that far this year.

Thanks for the heads-up Kevin. It's a big forest so I'm hopeful we can find some track that they are not using. East may be OK, we've poked around P1 but it was exhausting to ride due to all the deep sand (my XR is a heavy bike). I'd heard the western side of Ganaraska was less sandy so was hoping to explore a bit.
Would the far western edge that borders Wilcox be a better choice?
According to my map east Ganny has a patch with a parking lot off Line Road 10 a few km's west of County Road 10. I've never been there but if all else fails it may work.
Either way we're still planning on going...looks like we may have to be a bit more careful exactly where though.

I'd stay off anything that is marked with orange or pink arrows. Competitors will be running race pace in those sections and someone could get hurt. Especially if you happen to turn onto one in the wrong direction.

I'll be out there today warming up and ill be going by p2. I'll let you know if there are any good safe areas around.

P6 (Porter Rd.) would be a good place to start from. Not a whole lot of sand in that area and there's lots of singletrack on either side of porter Rd to keep you busy for the day. I only saw transfer section arrows down around there so it'll only guys riding through to get to the race sections on their way out from about 10 to 11 and on their way back later.

P2 has a race section off of it heading towards p3 so probably not a wise choice for a staging area tomorrow.

Thanks WudzRydr. P6 it is then. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the one where you get off on the Porter Road exit, turn right (south) and it basically dumps you in the parking lot at Sandaraska Road, right?
We did a day with Trail Tours last year so I know a little bit of the area.
We'll be careful to stay off anything marked.
If you are in the area and spot us please don't be shy...always nice to put a face to a name.

Thanks WudzRydr. P6 it is then. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the one where you get off on the Porter Road exit, turn right (south) and it basically dumps you in the parking lot at Sandaraska Road, right?
We did a day with Trail Tours last year so I know a little bit of the area.
We'll be careful to stay off anything marked.
If you are in the area and spot us please don't be shy...always nice to put a face to a name.

Yeah, that's the one.

If I spot you though you'll be on the course. ;)

Have fun tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom