SOAR Round 5 Exp Superbike Video | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Round 5 Exp Superbike Video

Nice video Tim, thanks! I watched the whole thing. haha... It's good to know that the runway is a pretty decent line. That lap seemed to be a quick one according to my stopwatch :)

Nice! I am seeing maybe high 1:06's, low 1:07's. Any idea what your best lap times were?

(Edit: never mind - just saw the other thread. 1:05s on Thursday. Seems like maybe the track was a bit slower on Sunday because I don't think there were many 1:05s in that video).

What caused that one rider to run off before the dogleg at the start? Seemed odd.

Last edited:
it was really cold sunday, cold and damp. I think during that race it was only 12 deg. it was the slowest I have ever been on track, everyone was having a really hard time keeping heat in there tires.

it was really cold sunday, cold and damp. I think during that race it was only 12 deg. it was the slowest I have ever been on track, everyone was having a really hard time keeping heat in there tires.

Were you in the video at all? What spot did you start in?

I was superbike novice. top 5 gets an invite into expert at the end of the day (I got 4TH) however I was just happy to have not died during my moring race I sat It out for the afternoon LOL

Nice! I am seeing maybe high 1:06's, low 1:07's. Any idea what your best lap times were?

(Edit: never mind - just saw the other thread. 1:05s on Thursday. Seems like maybe the track was a bit slower on Sunday because I don't think there were many 1:05s in that video).

What caused that one rider to run off before the dogleg at the start? Seemed odd.

The track definitely felt different. Front end grip felt ok but rear grip on the throttle was just a bit off. My average lap time over 13 laps was a 1:07.

I was superbike novice. top 5 gets an invite into expert at the end of the day (I got 4TH) however I was just happy to have not died during my moring race I sat It out for the afternoon LOL

Open Sprint was awful!

Just watched some more. It is astonishing how quickly the 1000s devour the back straight. I think you owe me about 2 seconds right there (now, if only I could find the other 5 or 6.....) ;)

Seriously, it is so much fun to watch a video like that having just been on the same track. You can really see how much tidier an expert rider is compared to a track day schmuck. The way you link the triple apex bit together is beautiful, and the whole infield section of 3, 4 and 5 just flows together so nicely. At my current skill level it is unimaginable to me how someone can hit the braking point for 3 so consistently lap after lap (from such a high speed on the straight!) and carry the appropriate speed to the apex.

Very inspiring.

Just watched some more. It is astonishing how quickly the 1000s devour the back straight. I think you owe me about 2 seconds right there (now, if only I could find the other 5 or 6.....) ;)

Seriously, it is so much fun to watch a video like that having just been on the same track. You can really see how much tidier an expert rider is compared to a track day schmuck. The way you link the triple apex bit together is beautiful, and the whole infield section of 3, 4 and 5 just flows together so nicely. At my current skill level it is unimaginable to me how someone can hit the braking point for 3 so consistently lap after lap (from such a high speed on the straight!) and carry the appropriate speed to the apex.

Very inspiring.
The bike setup has a lot to do with it. Once you start using braking markers life becomes a lot easier and the lap times a lot more consistent, its amazing how much later you will start braking if you use the markers.

Very inspiring.

Don't forget that once upon a time I was an intermediate track day guy just like you!!

I think a big part of making progress is setting attainable goals. I still use that mentality and I always feel like there are places where I can improve. I actually made some big changes to my riding style and body positioning this year that have helped me stay relaxed while riding. Now I'm usually fastest at the end of a race.

You'll get those 5 or 6 seconds if you're smart about it and recognize your own weaknesses (and work on them). An extra 100hp might help too. Lol.

Drew's line into 1 was impressive lol

The worst part was actually was when Scott Rupert looked too long at Drew in the beans and thought "DREW!! Are you OK?" and ran off in the grass, made it back onto the track and lost the front trying to rejoin the race. He broke his gear shifter and was stuck in 5th gear for the rest of the race.

The worst part was actually was when Scott Rupert looked too long at Drew in the beans and thought "DREW!! Are you OK?" and ran off in the grass, made it back onto the track and lost the front trying to rejoin the race. He broke his gear shifter and was stuck in 5th gear for the rest of the race.

and he STILL lapped 3 people

Back
Top Bottom