what would be a good day ride for some nice fall colour viewing? | GTAMotorcycle.com

what would be a good day ride for some nice fall colour viewing?

ajaxguy

I wanna leave early and take a day in october to check out some nice foliage. Would it be worthwhile to head to to the Adirondacks or is one day not enough?

One day would be a stretch with the shorter daylight hours and you could miss peak colour in October - the mountains turn earlier. Northern PA might be a better bet - or Finger Lakes region has beautiful fall foliage as well and turns later in the year, but not very exciting roads. Same around Ellicotville and other upstate NY areas.

We are probably going to hit the best foliage of the year in Algonquin this weekend.

Shoot ya know what... algonquin might be a better plan actually! Gotta map a good route now... thanks!

One day would be a stretch with the shorter daylight hours and you could miss peak colour in October - the mountains turn earlier. Northern PA might be a better bet - or Finger Lakes region has beautiful fall foliage as well and turns later in the year, but not very exciting roads. Same around Ellicotville and other upstate NY areas.

We are probably going to hit the best foliage of the year in Algonquin this weekend.

Shoot ya know what... algonquin might be a better plan actually! Gotta map a good route now... thanks!

You can always just join up for the Algonquin Park ride this weekend on Sunday! Unless you prefer solo, then just follow the route. I did that last year because I couldn't make the group ride, so I went the week after with a member from here and just followed the same route anyway.

You can always just join up for the Algonquin Park ride this weekend on Sunday! Unless you prefer solo, then just follow the route. I did that last year because I couldn't make the group ride, so I went the week after with a member from here and just followed the same route anyway.

Yep - I'm staying up in the Barrie area Saturday and Sunday nights - I'll join up with the group ride for whichever day that happens and the other day just motor around on my own - maybe up to Killarney one day and Algonquin with the group the other (if the weather is nice both days - could happen). The only place I've seen with nicer fall colours than Algonquin is a perfect season in Vermont - which is way too far for a day ride :)

I think there will be pretty good colour in Letchworth Park and area and that's doable in a day.

Back
Top Bottom