What games do you play? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What games do you play?

Is Player Unknown's Battlegrounds just Doom, but killing real looking people in realistic settings?

Is Player Unknown's Battlegrounds just Doom, but killing real looking people in realistic settings?

I'm going to pretend this was a serious question. It is a refresh of a mod (DayZ Battle Royale) of a mod (DayZ). It throws a bunch of people into a reasonably large area of land/countryside, and the objective is to be the last player standing. I think it is the current hotness for LP'ers

It's an interesting concept... from wiki:

-The game is based on previous mods that were developed by Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene for other games using the 2000 film Battle Royale for inspiration. Players can choose to enter the match solo, or with a small team of up to four people.

-One hundred players parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons and equipment to kill others while avoiding getting killed themselves. The available safe area of the game's world decreases in size over a match, directing surviving players into tighter areas to force encounters. The last player or team standing wins.

-IGN believes that the popularity of the game was due to its fast-paced nature compared to similar type games available such as H1Z1 and DayZ. Glixel considered that Battlegrounds's popularity comes from how the game encouraged players to engage due to the situation they are placed in rather than from the player's own disposition, comparing it to the Stanford prison experiment. Rock Paper Shotgun described Battlegrounds as "a tactical shooting sandbox, a story generator, and a horror game all in one", providing some of the "highest highs" in multiplayer gaming as reason for its popularity. Venture Beat considered Battlegrounds as a paradigm shift in the first-person shooter market similar to how Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare also changed the landscape of shooters when it was released in 2007.

I'm going to pretend this was a serious question. It is a refresh of a mod (DayZ Battle Royale) of a mod (DayZ). It throws a bunch of people into a reasonably large area of land/countryside, and the objective is to be the last player standing. I think it is the current hotness for LP'ers

Reminded me of hunger games, have not played it but watched briefly on twitch.

Have a newborn so back into video games i go.

On the phone

Marvel Contest of Champions (great time killer without too many bugs)

On the computer when wifey is available, Overcooked

I also downloaded some emulators so going back to some of my classics

Anyone else try War for the Overworld?

Back when WoW came out with TBC expansion, there were something like 7 million accounts. Considering how popular gaming has gotten to be over the last decade, I'm surprised to see only 2 million on pubg. Still impressive but not as high as one would think.

I believe that's 2 million playing at the same time. 7 million accounts doesn't mean there was anywhere near that playing at once.

I believe that's 2 million playing at the same time. 7 million accounts doesn't mean there was anywhere near that playing at once.

That sounded like BS to me but I looked it up and it's true. I knew PUBG was popular but I didn't think it was that popular

Back when WoW came out with TBC expansion, there were something like 7 million accounts. Considering how popular gaming has gotten to be over the last decade, I'm surprised to see only 2 million on pubg. Still impressive but not as high as one would think.
Now imagine that number x$14.95/mo...

Blizzard was makin it rain

Recently started playing red dead redemption again, mainly because I didn't feel like deleting a game from the xb1 and waiting to install and update another lol, biggest and probably only gripe I ever had with xb1.

PUGB?!? Where do they come up with these names? Is everything else taken?
PLAYERUNKNOWNS-BATTLEGROUNDS-Free-Download-PC-Game.jpg

I just looked into that game yesterday and also though the name was funny, got a little exited but then realized why I never heard of it before. Its only on PC as far as I know and I have't played games on PC for 20 years

Last edited:
it is also an early release game (kinda like a beta). at least it is a new spin on the FPS genera.

I play overwatch now and then. it satisfies my "quick I need a distraction" when i am between things.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got my second solo win in PUBG of the week. Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Started playin PUBG about 2 weeks ago. Haven't played a shooter since Battlefield 3 on the 360 years ago

I can see the appeal in PUBG, its great if you have some friends to play with and show you the ropes too. There is a bit of a learning curve and its tough to "practice" combat, you spend time in the lobby + time looting + time running around finding people, then you can die in 0.5 seconds and have to start all over again.

I think because of the consequences of dying, people take the firefights (and walking around in general) a lot more cautiously than in a game like Battlefield or COD. So it feels very different from those games

I prefer playing solo to be honest. Less to worry about not to mention it's more intense.

Over the thirty games I've played I've figured out what gets me to the top ten. I have two main styles of play
1) if I land with people nearby, I loot quick and rush them with a gun to take their stuff after I kill them then play the edge of the circle

2)land far away from people, loot a city to myself then rush to the middle of the circle to settle in and wait for the circle to close in.

I prefer playing solo to be honest. Less to worry about not to mention it's more intense.

Over the thirty games I've played I've figured out what gets me to the top ten. I have two main styles of play
1) if I land with people nearby, I loot quick and rush them with a gun to take their stuff after I kill them then play the edge of the circle

2)land far away from people, loot a city to myself then rush to the middle of the circle to settle in and wait for the circle to close in.

I definitely play better when I'm in solo, but I think I have more fun when playin with my friends. Lots of funny moments and lots of "whoops"

Back
Top Bottom