What games do you play? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What games do you play?

Mad because when you got to the centre, you weren't in Toronto?

No I'm mad because it wasn't woodbridge.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
@boots for the win! #DaBridge

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Waiting for the new NES console to be released in November. Cant wait to play some of the older games again, without blowing on the cartridges. ( youll get that if you ever played nintendo)
All my kid is talking about has been NX. Says we won't need to get the older consoles now. I'm not much of a gamer, but looking forward to it also.

Edit: I only half listen when he talks video games.....
The console quoted and the NX are separate machines. Will try and get the retro console when it comes out.

Last edited:
All my kid is talking about has been NX. Says we won't need to get the older consoles now. I'm not much of a gamer, but looking forward to it also.

Edit: I only half listen when he talks video games.....
The console quoted and the NX are separate machines. Will try and get the retro console when it comes out.

you want retro? i have an atari 7800 with a bunch of cartridges that i'm planning on putting on eBay/kijiji

you want retro? i have an atari 7800 with a bunch of cartridges that i'm planning on putting on eBay/kijiji
Sent you a pm.

Waiting for the new NES console to be released in November. Cant wait to play some of the older games again, without blowing on the cartridges. ( youll get that if you ever played nintendo)
I went retro and bought an original last year. Albeit mine is a Japanese version because it looks way cooler.

P1010856.jpg

Not quite the latest release, but Layers of Fear is pretty good.

Play it at night, before bed time...

Currently playing Uncharted 4, vr46 motogp, metal gear phantom pain, but only 1/2hrs a week if I'm lucky. (9 month old and a room reno I'm working on).

Mentioned that one to my kid. He is a little peeved that it is limited to 30 games and that he can basically do that now with an emulator.
I went retro and bought an original last year. Albeit mine is a Japanese version because it looks way cooler.

P1010856.jpg
That is pretty cool. Definitely a +1 over the retrcon (sp?) unit

Edit: kid just said that he thinks it will only play the Japanese cartridges. Any truth to that?

That is pretty cool. Definitely a +1 over the retrcon (sp?) unit

Edit: kid just said that he thinks it will only play the Japanese cartridges. Any truth to that?

Short answer: It only plays Japanese cartridges.

Long answer: Nintendo implemented multiple layers of regional lockout, all of which are possible to defeat but it requires modifying the console

Mentioned that one to my kid. He is a little peeved that it is limited to 30 games and that he can basically do that now with an emulator.

Yah, it's really hard to beat the emulators. If you're into that (and not TRUE retro gaming) check out the hyperspin/rocketlauncher front end combo, it's the slickest emulation system I've seen to date. This vid just shows the some of the MAME (arcade) graphical front-ends but the main menu wheel lets you choose from all the classic systems. Find the game you want from virtually ANY system you want, click enter, and you're playing it :) Works great for stand-up arcade builds or just gaming on your couch with a wireless xbox controller.

[video=youtube;PeQbvJ7zMD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeQbvJ7zMD0[/video]

Main Menu screenshot:

gamecube_hyperspin.jpg

@Xhumeka my neighbour retro fitted an old cabinet with a pc loaded with MAME my BIL bought it for $400. Has ~2000 games, most are Japanese, but has all the popular ones except for Galaga. Also has the games that show the Playboy pics between levels ?

If you weren't happy with NMS and want a space shooter. You should check out Star Citizen. I picked up this the other day and I'm having tons of fun with it right now. Games still not done, but is looking to become the next EVE online. There will be a player based economy in game. Different jobs you could do to make cash, lots of ships to pick from.

This game is rather expensive, but you can currently get into the game for $60. From here you can look to rent any ship in game with a little time and effort. This is for PC only. Not sure if this will mix over into consoles or not.

Have a look. Here's the link. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

And! I also started up Duke Nukem Forever. If you thought NMS was bad... Duke has changed for the worse.

Been playing a lot of forza horizon 3 lately. It's such a blast with friends.

Sent from my raven

Did I mention that we picked up a Retron2? Been playing 8bit Dr. Mario

League of Lengends right now for the most part, but I'm not good at it.

I was playing Witcher 3, but got into the books and started reading them instead.

Tried Witcher 2. but the interface seems kludgy after 3.

Will probably be getting back into Toontown (Rewritten & Fellowship), and Wizard101 in October, go ahead and laugh.

You must not be having any fun then because the community in that game is cancerous. Sent from my raven
I tend to play in bots, people leveling up seem appreciative. I just recently lost my Teamwork honor, and had Mentor at one point. Been playing normals on a low level account (10 now), and honestly people are pretty o.k. there, although there are a lot of smurfs, so you don't know if you're going to be the slaughteree or slaughterer sometimes. Toontown and Wizard101 are pretty good communities, and I have pretty high characters there.

I tend to play in bots, people leveling up seem appreciative. I just recently lost my Teamwork honor, and had Mentor at one point. Been playing normals on a low level account (10 now), and honestly people are pretty o.k. there, although there are a lot of smurfs, so you don't know if you're going to be the slaughteree or slaughterer sometimes. Toontown and Wizard101 are pretty good communities, and I have pretty high characters there.
If or when you get to level 30 and start playing ranked you will regret even playing that game.

Sent from my raven

Back
Top Bottom