What games do you play? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What games do you play?

Yes, that one looks pretty cool to with the front camera. There is no release date and some places have said it would cost more then the Oculus Rift. Will definitely be checking it out when it is released to see how it compares.

We have a similar setup. Only difference is the gfx card and PSu

I used to have a 212 and switched to water because these 4790s run some high temps. Even with the water cool I'll sometimes Spike to 60 on siege or the division.

Which water cooler are you running? I opted for the 212 because I was cheap but also because I had heard the lower end water coolers don't improve temps over air cooling.

According to RealTemp my CPU gets up to 66 C just playing Rocket League (at 4K mind you). My method of paste application is a small dab in the center and let the heatsink spread it out. No lapping. I might need to start considering alternatives. I do like the noise (or lack thereof) of the 212.

Lapping doesn't pay off as much as it used to, partly because of continually improved cooler designs, partly because of the prevalence of heatspreaders (I guess that's not really new anymore, I'm dating myself), and partly because of the afore-mentioned ****** thermal interface under the heat spreader in Intel products. Lapping is still a heck of a lot easier than de-lidding, of course.

FWIW, I use the 212 myself for a 4.4 overclock on a 2500. If I had better fans (the Coolermaster fans need replacing, they are simply sleeve bearing units and they are worn out) and cleaned the heatsink the CPU would never break 60 under any circumstance. I never dreamed the 2500K would last as long as it has, currently on its 3rd GPU and I'm about ready to get a 4th

Which water cooler are you running? I opted for the 212 because I was cheap but also because I had heard the lower end water coolers don't improve temps over air cooling.

According to RealTemp my CPU gets up to 66 C just playing Rocket League (at 4K mind you). My method of paste application is a small dab in the center and let the heatsink spread it out. No lapping. I might need to start considering alternatives. I do like the noise (or lack thereof) of the 212.

Using an h80i gt. Which is I guess a lower end water cooler I think I spent 100 on it.

I get 36 on rocket league on high at 1920x1080. Idle at 28.

I did the pea sized dot in the middle as well and let the heat sync spread it out. The watercooler came with a layer already applied on the heat sync but I took it off to put my own on.

I'm starting to notice the temps go down a little more as the days go by the Arctic silver 5 paste I have has a breakin time at 200 hours.

I used to get 70s in R6 siege with the 212. now, with this new update, I'm getting 52s on high everything. 60 if I turn v sync off.

When I had the 212 I remember making the mistake of lifting off the cpu to centre the thing after pressing the thermal paste. Big mistake, I had a lot of airbubbles and was getting temps of 80 on r6 siege. After redoing it I managed to drop it by 10 degrees, which is a huge change.

Last edited:
In case you normally leave your PC on all the time, heat cycling speeds up the break-in time for thermal paste

Using an h80i gt. Which is I guess a lower end water cooler I think I spent 100 on it.

I get 36 on rocket league on high at 1920x1080. Idle at 28.

I did the pea sized dot in the middle as well and let the heat sync spread it out. The watercooler came with a layer already applied on the heat sync but I took it off to put my own on.

I'm starting to notice the temps go down a little more as the days go by the Arctic silver 5 paste I have has a breakin time at 200 hours.

I used to get 70s in R6 siege with the 212. now, with this new update, I'm getting 52s on high everything. 60 if I turn v sync off.

When I had the 212 I remember making the mistake of lifting off the cpu to centre the thing after pressing the thermal paste. Big mistake, I had a lot of airbubbles and was getting temps of 80 on r6 siege. After redoing it I managed to drop it by 10 degrees, which is a huge change.

Hmm... I will have to reconsider water cooling then. Just finished 45 - 60 min session of RL and most of my cores peaked at 67 - 68C.

In case you normally leave your PC on all the time, heat cycling speeds up the break-in time for thermal paste

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm... I will have to reconsider water cooling then. Just finished 45 - 60 min session of RL and most of my cores peaked at 67 - 68C.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!
I recommend it. I should have done it from the start to be honest.

Just heard about Battalion 1944 - I hope it's awesome.

[video=youtube;g4c-05YpJlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4c-05YpJlQ[/video]

I downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider yesterday and played for a few hours. Really nice graphics and good game play mechanics. I'm not a hardcore gamer though. The last Tomb Raider game I played was the original.

I downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider yesterday and played for a few hours. Really nice graphics and good game play mechanics. I'm not a hardcore gamer though. The last Tomb Raider game I played was the original.

I thought it was a great game - really enjoyed it.

62cf0189f2a3cd416b8a9f858cce4f6d.jpg

Red LEDs came in after a month. 5 bucks from Amazon shipped from China. no idea on the longetivity of them but they make my computer look sinister. and for the price I can't complain.

This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to swap my 16 gigs of DDR3 Adata XPG v1 ram (blue in colour) for 16 gigs of DDR3 ram sticks that are red.

Are you interested (assuming that's 16 gigs of DDR3 and not 32)?

It's a long shot. Are those ripjaws by the way?

Maybe this is the place to ask... Looking for a video card for my son's gaming computer. His pooched out the other day.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing about this stuff.
Cheers Sadz.

Maybe this is the place to ask... Looking for a video card for my son's gaming computer. His pooched out the other day.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing about this stuff.
Cheers Sadz.
What games does he play and what card did he have before?

I'm selling a card for 70 bucks if you're interested in it. It loads Rainbow six Siege and Battlefield 4 on Medium, and it loads CSGO and rocket league on high and equivalent games on high. If your son is interested in those ratings, shoot me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom