Looking for Open land to teach my son to ride.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Open land to teach my son to ride....

Gettreal

My son has an Xr80 and I'm looking for a good open spot to teach him to ride. Wide trails and open fields are fine, just nothing with jumps or track only where he will feel intimidated. Within 90 min of the GTA in any direction would be good. If anyone has property, I'm happy to pay you a daily rate.

We both have bikes without ownerships so getting plated and insured isnt gonna happen.

Thanks in advance everyone.

One place to start;

http://www.oftr.ca/page.php?id=646

Check for tracks in your area, many have open fields to learn on. Eagle's Nest on 6 nations has a big grass field, a large dirt field, a kid's MX track, and a full sized MX track. $20/bike/day.

I had a really long message here but my puter crashed.

Here's the coles notes...

1) you can ride an XR 80 almost anywhere. I'm in the city and take my two kids out on there pw50s all the time withing 5 minutes from my house.
2) use google maps to find a spot that's not easily seen from the street and go there and be respectful. Cops will just ask you to leave.
3) you can't ride YOUR motocross/2 stroke/thumper there. It's too loud. I bought a CRF50 pitbike to play with the kids.
4) you will want to be off your bike to help teach your son at first.
5) www.cmts.org (barrie) www.trailtours.com (ganaraskis) best two options for you and your son to have a fun day. Ride with him/ride on your own etc. Great schools!!
6) here's a sample of a place i would try... for some reason the map doesn't work so go to google maps and punch in these coordinates... 43.466625,-79.70651 there's two soccer fields nestled in this park that would be perfect.

PM me if you have any questions. I have lots of research on it.

Back
Top Bottom