Pick a day, majority takes it.

• Saturday

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Sunday

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

boooya

Site Supporter
Date set for September 29th. Departure will take place at 9:30 "SHARP" from the Shell gas station/Tim Hortons on Innisfil Beach Rd (east)/400

If you show up at 9:31 or later feel free to catch up to the group, don't think you will be able to miss us.
Make sure you bike is in good running, safe condition. I will not be stopping 50+ bikes to wait with you for a tow truck sry.
There is a charge of $2-$3 dollars per bike to get into the Dorset tower lookout so have a couple toonies handy to pay at the gate.
Gas stops will be at meet spot (shell). Then Dorset (shell) about 180kms, then Whitney (shell) 100kms from Dorset. If you have 300km range I suggest you wait till Whiteny as there is much more room for 50+ bikes to get fuel.
As always this is a leisurely paced ride. Noob, and 2up friendly, bring your kid along.
I enjoy a good wheelie or stoppie like everyone else THIS IS NOT THE RIDE FOR THIS KINDA RIDING...
Absolutely no stunting or stupidity on this ride, pace will be +15 at the most. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ANY SPIRITED RIDING YOU WILL BE BORED OUT OF YOUR TREE ON THIS RIDE.
There will be noobs, 250's, 2upers with spouses/kids, first time group riders etc. Any stupid unsafe illegal behavior you will be asked to leave. Will call the cops myself if I have too.
Sry there is some hwy involved so M1 licenses its your call.
Will be the usual route with stops at the scenic tower and the Algonquin lookout.
Will be going thru Norland around 10:30-11 for anyone that wants to meet there.

Please dress appropriately as last year some riders shower up in mesh jackets and temps went from sunny teens to drizzling single digits.
Hope to have a good turnout once again. Route back from the park will be dependant on time of day and weather conditions. Or leave from there and make your own route if you wish. This is a 540km round trip from meet spot at 400\Innisfil Beach Rd.
PLEASE FILL UP WITH BREAKFAST AND GAS AT THIS LOCATION OR YOU AND YOUR BIKE WILL RUN OUT OF FUEL BEFORE THE NEXT STOP
Also i recommend you bring snacks as a group this large wont find a place to eat in the small towns so will have to wait till we get to the Algonquin visitors center 2ish, they have a large cafeteria there. Also Dorset tower will have a small snack bar open (chips, drinks, chocolate bars).
Still Needing a couple riders with good group ride lead experience to help out with knowledge of the route.

http://goo.gl/maps/g3ifd

eraru6uh.jpg
egaguhu5.jpg
esaruhet.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice ride... Any idea what time you'll be leaving and what is the expected return time?

Colours were spectacular last year - well worth the drizzle. Hope to make it again this year!

What, end of the season already.....

Subscribed...hopefully it is October as last week of Sept is a no go for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Looks like a nice ride... Any idea what time you'll be leaving and what is the expected return time?

All weather dependent really. Would like to get going 9-10am and be back before the sun sets.

Colours were spectacular last year - well worth the drizzle. Hope to make it again this year!

Last year was times perfectly ad leafs were at 100% color change, we got really lucky because 3 days later most had fallen off. Hopefully weather will cooperate this year.

Will there be any other meet spots, this is definitely a trip i want to take

That's the departure spot because its rite of the 400 has shell gas and a Tim hortons.
Will be going up 400 to Orillia across monk road and up the 35 into the park.
If you want to meet along the route you can most definitely join the group. Just let me know so that I can make a pit stop to pick you up.

in for sure , it was very nice last year , lots of fun and beautiful scenery , make sure you put more clothes on , i was the one freezing all the time with matt black wrapped 250...

I'd be interested in this - I assume updates will be posted on this thread

Yep will update and post route map as we get closer to the date, all up to mother nature from here on in.

I may or may not be in for this

Will there be any other meet spots, this is definitely a trip i want to take

i'd be interested as well, 2-up if anything, where in toronto you located? i'm right at yonge and sheppard

Back
Top Bottom