Dirt Roads, Trails, Single Track Map | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirt Roads, Trails, Single Track Map

DVS

Hey all,

There was a lot of talk about where to ride and people go exploring in search of these roads. I collected a few of these roads that I wanted to keep track of so I thought why not create a Google map and have everyone share their finds?

This way anyone heading out for a ride and want to explore new places has a central map to check out and plan an afternoon ride.

I started it off and shared it with a few friends and they shared it with a few friends and it has approx. 1500 views so far as of this posting, so it seems to be a good idea.

So now I'm opening it up to the public. We'll see how well this works.

When you go riding and find some awesome roads, please mark the roads or the area on the map with a few words to explain what that area is all about.

Enjoy!

http://goo.gl/maps/AP4RQ

How the hell do you insert a google map into this post?

Last edited:
If one of you guys know how to use Mapsource/Basecamp I'll share some stuff I have sitting on my hard drive. Routes, tracks, etc.. You can add it to your map if you want to put the time into it.

If you want to stick with the dual sport thing you should invest in a good Garmin GPS with offroad routing capabilities. Google maps and smart phones don't cut it in a lot of places you'll end up going.

Alright, I sent a bunch of stuff to you that should keep you busy for a while. Hopefully your email can handle it because it was a pretty big attachment. You can forward it to anyone else that wants it cause I'm not on here much anymore.

This is sweet. Definitely gonna check a few of these out. Any info on that single track near Milton? Can I just show up?

Added a challenging road, side road 17 south of Halton Hills.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Thanks wudzrider, trying to find some time to start looking at what you sent me.

Braden, the gates were open in the Milton area when I went by. But yeah it looks like it's open if the gates are open. It's not a huge area but nice that it's so close by in the west end.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I'm very seriously considering getting a good dual sport like a wr250r. Is it worth it living in the GTA? Are there enough trails and open dirt roads around(besides ganny) to justify getting one?

I'm very seriously considering getting a good dual sport like a wr250r. Is it worth it living in the GTA? Are there enough trails and open dirt roads around(besides ganny) to justify getting one?

The east side of Toronto is better for dualsporting in my opinion. There is a huge amount of grey area riding in Pickering. Riding out further works too on a dualsport. There are decent backroads and road allowances that will get you out to the Raglan Pits, where things really open up. From there you can ride good stuff pretty well non-stop to Bewdley.

I live at St.Clair/Bathurst deep in the city, and dualsporting works okay from there. I've done trips out to Bewdley and back several times. It really helps if you break up the longer road grinds with a Timmies or other stop.

Mike

DVS or WudzRydr do you still have those Garmin tracks? Would like to have a copy if possible.

Thanks

I live at St.Clair/Bathurst deep in the city, and dualsporting works okay from there. I've done trips out to Bewdley and back several times. It really helps if you break up the longer road grinds with a Timmies or other stop.

Mike

Right on - there are a few of us dual-sporters not too far from you... Eduardo is at Dupont and Bathurst, I'm near Bathurst and Lawrence, Bit is at Eglinton and Mt. Pleasant, and TorontoRocko isn't too far away either - he's near Vic Park and Eglinton if I remember correctly.

Bit and I have ridden to Bewdley through the Ganny from our places in Toronto as well, but I much prefer trailering.

Us poor suckers stuck in the city should get together for a few rides this summer, see what type of dirt we can find within a small commute of our area.

TorontoRocko isn't too far away either - he's near Vic Park and Eglinton if I remember correctly.

Correct.
And yes, we should try to get a ride together this year.. before or after the Bethany ride? Is it still on this spring?

Correct.
And yes, we should try to get a ride together this year.. before or after the Bethany ride? Is it still on this spring?

Of COURSE it's still on!!!! The Bethany ride will never die :)

And let's hook up before if possible... make sure the bikes are working fine, clean out the cobwebs, etc ;)

BETHANY 2014 Planning Thread

Sping%20around%20the%20corner-M.jpg

My guess is the Bethany is going to be late this year unless we have a significant thaw soon. Lots of snow out east of T.O. If anyone is looking to head east for an early ride I'd like to be part of it.

Ill post here when I do the spring kickoff ride. It will be on a weekday with short notice-leaving Scarborough at 3:00 or 4:00 pm.

Right on - there are a few of us dual-sporters not too far from you... Eduardo is at Dupont and Bathurst, I'm near Bathurst and Lawrence, Bit is at Eglinton and Mt. Pleasant, and TorontoRocko isn't too far away either - he's near Vic Park and Eglinton if I remember correctly.

Bit and I have ridden to Bewdley through the Ganny from our places in Toronto as well, but I much prefer trailering.

Us poor suckers stuck in the city should get together for a few rides this summer, see what type of dirt we can find within a small commute of our area.

Back
Top Bottom