Pennsylvia Over night ride - September 21st (28th as rain day?) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pennsylvia Over night ride - September 21st (28th as rain day?)

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
Season is getting close to the end for this year and I would like to get some more seat time before it happens. I have two conformed for this ride (include myself), and the plan is to leave Saturday morning around 8:00AM or 8:30AM, stay over at Lock Haven or (surrounding area), and come back on Sunday.

Point of interested or stop over:

Kinzua Dam and the lookout area - Warren, Pa

Kinzua State Park to check out the the skywalk

Hyner View lookout.

Still deciding whether to take 255 and 555 to go through the Elk farm.

Anyone who is interested please PM me or post here. I will PM you the route if you are interested.

Meeting Spot - Tim Horton at Centennial Pkway at Arrowsmith, Hamilton.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=4...iDEpLHTUdbE5tQ&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=19&z=19

Time: - 8:00AM or 8:30AM, will provide firm time by PM next week.

Ride is pending on weather outlook. We can use 28th weekend as a rain day.

Might be doing something similar this Sunday/Monday

Hmmmm - I'd likely stay an extra day - maybe time to try out the new Nexus. :D

Always seems a shame to not go Friday but then there is the extra hotel cost and it get dark earlier now.
Lots of riding yet tho my fall cut off this year is early due to a 3 week road trip to the western US in mid Oct.

WIll do local rides when I get back.
Will keep an eye on this.....and the weather.

Lots of elk around....

this big guy was a few yards off the road

Last edited:
cool...thinking about joining you for half the day

If you cannot do the over night, then I can get a route for you to go back after Kinuza State Park. Better roads are more South after leaving the park though. Gary may keep you company for the one day deal if he has the bike break in.

cool...thinking about joining you for half the day

Cheuh, do you have the short route (one day) mapped in Google?

Last edited:
If you cannot do the over night, then I can get a route for you to go back after Kinuza State Park. Better roads are more South after leaving the park though. Gary may keep you company for the one day deal if he has the bike break in.

LOL.......Stop thinking out loud!!
I'll break that thing in at Cayuga, if I ever get it.

Hey cheuh I am heading down to PA with a couple of friends leaving on friday the 20th and staying in coudersport first night then gonna head further south and probably gonna stay saturday night in Lockhaven also maybe we can meet up down there

Day trip sounds good!

Yes Sandro easily doable if you leave early sat morn like 6am-7 ride down to coudersport arrive 8-9 have breakfeast at feezs diner then hit 44 south to 120 do wykoff at least a couple of times then head towards renovo hit 144 south to lockhaven for me those are the highlight roads down that way and then start heading north on your choice of good roads and be back home in the evening

Sure, I am planning to stay in the Best Western. See address in the post.

Hey cheuh I am heading down to PA with a couple of friends leaving on friday the 20th and staying in coudersport first night then gonna head further south and probably gonna stay saturday night in Lockhaven also maybe we can meet up down there

FWIW
the Kinzua bridge collapse is a neat site. it was an engineering marvel when it was built. it's free and the skywalk is right next to the parking lot for those in riding boots & gear.

Back
Top Bottom