Power Commander V with Autotune - Trim Suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power Commander V with Autotune - Trim Suggestions

SweetOnion

Hi everyone, just looking for a little input.

I am riding a current gen R6 and have recently installed an Akrapovic full exhaust system as well as as PCV with Autotune. I have installed the Smog Block Offs.

I have downloaded one of the maps from the internet for my bike... however my issue isn't with how the big is running or anything, I am sorting my way through getting the map working the way I want it.

What my issue is, is that the trim suggestions for 2% and 5% throttle, in the areas of 4250-6500 RPM in all gears other than 5-6, the auto tune is always trying to lean the bike out more and more. So far, I have only accepted 2 autotune trims.. in one cell, 5500 RPM in 3rd gear at 2% throttle, it is now a -25. I rode last night and the autotune has now added +11 to that field, so it will now be a -14. All fields in this range are MINUSES however...

Either way I believe that this is being caused by me downshifting and decelerating at those rpms, because in all the other throttle % boxes the numbers are significantly different... however I had to manually correct some numbers to improve jerkyness.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on what might be going on here? Thanks.

Its a tricky area to tune while riding. A lot of different situations can happen there.

Off/on throttle when getting rollin, throttle blips on decel.

If you could hold steady 2% and 5% while RPM's climb, you would likely get more accurate data. Easier done on a dyno.

I have read elsewhere that the Autotune can be a bit wonky at low throttle and low rpm.

When I update I only update above 25 percent throttle and above 4000rpm.

Re-load the original map you downloaded from the internet to reset any trim adjustments you accepted to it.

Reset the trim table to zero.

I would personally set the minimum and maximum autotune trim values to -10 and +15, so that you don't dangerously lean out your engine by mistake. And in case the autotune malfunctions it'll allow the bike to still be drivable.

As caboose said, the autotune has serious problems, not only at low throttle/low RPM, but in some other spots where there's a resonance in the exhaust, intake, fresh air inversion, etc.

You can put zero's in the AFR target table to stop autotune from messing up those regions (it'll just use whatever is in the base fuel map in those spots).

And personally, I NEVER accept the trims, ever. Just leave them in the trim table, they work perfectly there, and stops the autotune from doing too much tuning.

This is usually the AFR map I run, pretty rich, and I disabled it in areas where it was causing problems:

R6_afr_map.png

Last edited:
Re-load the original map you downloaded from the internet to reset any trim adjustments you accepted to it.

Reset the trim table to zero.

I would personally set the minimum and maximum autotune trim values to -10 and +15, so that you don't dangerously lean out your engine by mistake. And in case the autotune malfunctions it'll allow the bike to still be drivable.

As caboose said, the autotune has serious problems, not only at low throttle/low RPM, but in some other spots where there's a resonance in the exhaust, intake, fresh air inversion, etc.

You can put zero's in the AFR target table to stop autotune from messing up those regions (it'll just use whatever is in the base fuel map in those spots).

And personally, I NEVER accept the trims, ever. Just leave them in the trim table, they work perfectly there, and stops the autotune from doing too much tuning.

This is usually the AFR map I run, pretty rich, and I disabled it in areas where it was causing problems:

R6_afr_map.png

That's rich? Are you tuning for power or street fuel economy?

That's rich? Are you tuning for power or street fuel economy?%
That map is a bit of both, descent fuel economy when cruising but still smooth throttle response (over 14.2 and the throttle gets crazy twitchy), and all out power once you squeeze it to 80% throttle or over. I made that AFR map on a dyno, afr of 13.0 made the most power over 9k RPM, 13.2 on the way up..

I do have a "fuel economy" map that's way WAY leaner on cruise but it makes the throttle so twichy and the engine "burpy" I don't usually recommend people run it. I did get insane fuel economy with it though, ran it for about 6 or 7 tanks of fuel.

I'll try and find the vid with the fuel economy map, if that's not one the police made me take down :(

Last edited:
Got the vid up: %

[video=youtube;AWoJuv09jkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWoJuv09jkc[/video]

That's a little north of 14.7 at 10% throttle and way north of 14.7 at 5% throttle (around 14.2 at other places, 13.8 at 60% and 13.2/13 at 80% and 100%). Bumped my fuel economy from an average of 194km until fuel light to 231km's, even got 223km's on a group ride!! lol.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice. I had already 0'd the AFR for the 0% throttle because I noticed the bike was auto-tuning itself into sounding like a Pirate Ship attacking some merchant vessel every time I was off the gas. :)

I did some work in Excel last night, aka worked on my bike, and rode to work this morning and it felt a little different. I will have to ride it some more and then smooth out the numbers in the map again.

I have read a lot of people saying they never accept autotune trims either.... I am already heading in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom