A Series of Questions | GTAMotorcycle.com

A Series of Questions

Boots

1) If I buy a bike brand new at a dealership will they register the bike to my name there? Or will I have to go to a Service Ontario to register the bike. If it does get regestered by the dealership, that means they will plate the bike as well, correct?

2) When I buy the bike, is there any way I can insure it before buying it so that I can ride it home? Or will I need a VIN number or something in order to insure the bike?

3) When I want to sell the bike how would I create a UVIP?

4) When buying or selling a used bike, is tax added on to the suggested price or is it included within the suggested price?

Thanks for any answers to the above questions.

Last edited:
1.) They will do everything if you want them to

2.) Once you buy it you can get the vin and call your insurance company and get insurance. Go pick it up at the dealership and ride it home legally

3.) Go to a mto office and pay 20 bucks and they'll print it out for you

4.) Its added to the "declared price" whatever you say you paid, unless you buy it at a dealership, then its 13 percent of the actual price. People get around this "loophole" all the time when buying used.

Thank you for the answers. I appreciate the help

So say someone is selling their used bike on Kijiji for 4000, I wouldnt have to add 13 percent tax to that price to make it 4520? I would just buy the bike for 4000 flat correct?

Also, can I pay my bike in full cash at the dealership or do I HAVE to finance the bike? I prefer to pay for the bike and not have to worry about it rather than do monthly payments.

Thanks again for any future answering.

You pay the taxes on whatever price you and the seller agree on. It could be 1$ or 10,000$...
You don't have to finance it if you don't want to.

Thanks for the answer bud. Out of curiosity does one get to keep this tax money or is there something that is done with it to send it to the gov't?

If you're buying privately, you don't give the buyer the tax money, you pay your taxes at Service Ontario when you transfer the ownership.

Back
Top Bottom