Getting passed illegally | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting passed illegally

Sora

So I was riding home going up a two-lane street (one lane each direction, solid yellow line in the middle). I'm in blocking position, been keeping an eye out on the impatient lady driving her husband's shiny new Mercedes behind me, not that I've been riding below speed limit. Coming up to a stop sign, she decides to pass me ON THE LEFT, ACROSS THE YELLOW LINE, and cuts back in front of me right before the stop sign.

I wasn't going to play chicken and outgun her to the stop (which I could very easily have done) just to have her rear-end me, so I laid down the horn instead and then gave her a one-finger salute. I'm wishing I'd remembered to memorize her license plate and/or that I had a GoPro right about now, because what she did was dangerous.

What do you guys do in this situation?

Or similar, where cagers around you pull stupid and illegal moves.

Dunno, I never had a car pass me. I'm always lane splitting and passing them. The only thing I don't cross are concrete barriers.

I would call the cops, she needs to be tasered

Hey, you know what they do in Europe, when they see that they are holding traffic? they pull over to the side, let the faster car go past.

Instead of being a dick and showing everyone how manly you are, work with the other person. IF they were willing to break the law to pass you, then there's a good chance you were crawling.

You do realize that motorcycle speedos are usually 10% slow?

Let it go. Don't try and fight with cars on the road when you're riding a motorcycle. Push comes to shove, you'll always lose.

Based on other threads in this forum, crossing a solid yellow to pass in Ontario isn't illegal. It might have been illegal due to the proximity of the intersection, but the yellow lines are more suggestions than anything.

I'm not certain what the issue is here. People pass each other. It happens. It didn't sound like it was dangerous unless they actually cut you off.

So I was riding home going up a two-lane street (one lane each direction, solid yellow line in the middle). I'm in blocking position, been keeping an eye out on the impatient lady driving her husband's shiny new Mercedes behind me, not that I've been riding below speed limit. Coming up to a stop sign, she decides to pass me ON THE LEFT, ACROSS THE YELLOW LINE, and cuts back in front of me right before the stop sign.

I wasn't going to play chicken and outgun her to the stop (which I could very easily have done) just to have her rear-end me, so I laid down the horn instead and then gave her a one-finger salute. I'm wishing I'd remembered to memorize her license plate and/or that I had a GoPro right about now, because what she did was dangerous.

What do you guys do in this situation?

Or similar, where cagers around you pull stupid and illegal moves.

"shiny new mercedes"
"I'm in blocking position"
"impatient lady"
"not that I've been riding below speed limit"

passive aggressive ********** like you are why many people in ONT hate motorcycles...GET THE F*** out of the way when someone is faster than you...your speed relative to the speed limit is irrelevant....move right and let them by.

"shiny new mercedes"
"impatient lady"

passive aggressive ********** like you are why many people in ONT hate motorcycles...GET THE F*** out of the way when someone is faster than you...your speed relative to the speed limit is irrelevant....move right and let them by.
Hello! I see you are new here, let me introduce you to my friend "Infractions"

Have a nice day lol

"shiny new mercedes"
"impatient lady"

People hate motorcyclists because they don't get out of the way on a 1 lane (each direction) road?

I'm pretty sure its the complete opposite and they hate motorcyclists like you flying by with an obnoxiously loud exhaust.

Edit: Just realized you're the guy that started the "Moving from Cali" thread. This isn't Cali.

Hello! I see you are new here, let me introduce you to my friend "Infractions"

Have a nice day lol

What if he had a different handle before?

Hey, you know what they do in Europe, when they see that they are holding traffic? they pull over to the side, let the faster car go past.

Instead of being a dick and showing everyone how manly you are, work with the other person. IF they were willing to break the law to pass you, then there's a good chance you were crawling.

You do realize that motorcycle speedos are usually 10% slow?

Amen

Heh, drivers in Toronto (texting/cellphone a given) will generally perform a dangerous pass only to slow down after said pass. You don't have to be slow. It's red light racing at it's finest. Growing a thicker skin helps (and a Spidey-Sense) because the OPs encounter was about as benign as it gets. Toronto's constabulary won't be remotely interested either. Most of them are guarding construction sites and hunkered down in speed traps.

Good luck and ride safe.

Passing on a solid yellow is not illegal, AFAIK. However, do expect that if you do pass (and an accident occurs) it is extremely likely you'll be at fault - as you otherwise should have better darn-well made sure the way was entirely clear and safe to pass. That's what the solid yellow is suggesting - that it really isn't safest to pass.

If someone is in such a rush I just pull to the right and wave them through. Maybe you were going slow....remember speed limit 80 and ur speedo 80 means you're going around 72kph (my bike anyway).

also....what are you blocking against? You don't want to be near the centre line as you never know what idiot will cross yellow towards you.

And don't stress it so much...,you'll never win against a car in a grudge match.

If it was a two lane street as stated the rider has no right lane to go to so the cage has to pass, legal, illegal, risky or not. I don't advocate giving up a blocking position or the next cage may push you into the curb. Nor does one have to accomodate the following vehicles speed desires. It would however be courteous to pull over where there is a convenient spot and let the wheel clenchers get by.

In TO one has to develop a thick skin to impatient drivers.

If I know there is an impatient driver behind me the first thing I would do is let them go. When people get impatient they lose their mind and I would not want a driver behind me trying to figure out how can they pass me. I will make it easy for them. When they pass they will get their mind back in place.

No point fighting with them, getting involved with cops and all that s***. Just one easy pass and you are a happy rider.

I would call the cops, she needs to be tasered
LMAO :lmao:

I'd rather get out of someone's way who's faster than me then get hit while they are trying to pass me in our case from your left.
When I'm n the bike I try to avoid people like that as much as I can its not worth it, you won't win.

Back
Top Bottom