heading to PA next week....suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

heading to PA next week....suggestions?

ajaxguy

I posted a month back with not much response so I will try again.

me and a buddy are riding down to Pittsburgh PA from Mississauga.. so we are going to head down basically along the 219 and cut across to Pittsburgh viz 80 i l believe. On the way back we are thinking about shooting across to see fallingwater( google it) and then heading up the 119 and connecting with the 219 again.
For those who have done it or know the area does this seem liek it will be the best route for scenery and twisties? Should I re route the map so I go around the other side of the Allegheny forest?

Any help would be appreciated!

ya im heading to pittsburgh first then the next day over to fallingwater on the way home

Oh I missed you are headed to pittsburgh. Maybe take my route up to 36. That way you get to do 666.

I got arrested last year on 219 at PA - NY border in Salamanca for speeding.

Watch out!

ya im heading to pittsburgh first then the next day over to fallingwater on the way home

Fallingwater is brilliant - I would tend to slab to Pittsburgh then wander home.

People cannot believe when this was designed and built as it looks so modern.
Hell I'd live in the staff quarters....

Falling_Water_01.jpg

Well worth the time and in a gorgeous area. Keep me posted as I might wander down with you - been wanting to do that area for a while....keep getting stuck in the Renovo twisties with good reason.

When coming back ....the Corning Museum is very worthwhile as is Letchworth State park which was a total revelation to me and close.

Both are superb ( and I'm not kidding on that ) for lunch.

It probably won't....read that you cant share maps yet through the browser only mobile

You need to revert to Classic maps for decent route planning and sharing. The new Maps preview doesn't cut it yet.

I rode 219 home this summer from Ebensburg all the way back to new york. It's a good road with some nice sweeper action but not a great road. A bit slow in the south because towns are close together but it gets better as you go north.

Back
Top Bottom