ninja 650 brakes and other stuff | GTAMotorcycle.com

ninja 650 brakes and other stuff

Ninja10

Hey guys, i've got a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R and im really starting to notice the brakes are wearing out (front and back), anyone know how simple it is or have an instructional video showing how to change them? Also recommendations for type of brake pads would be greatly appreciated.

I've got about 11,500 KM on the bike and just want any info on what other maintenance i should be doing to this bike at this point. I've added to my coolant, done my oil & filter change recently (9.5K) and thats about it maintenance wise. If theres anything you guys think im missing or highly suggest let me know.

Thanks in advance

EBC HH or OEM for brake pads.

It should be as simple and removing two bolts and a pin of some sort and throwing in new pads.

When you say your brakes are "wearing out", do you mean the pads are at their wear mark?

Have you checked the fluid level in the master cylinder to make sure it's between the lines?

How old are your brake lines? They're supposed to be replaced every # of years.

When you say your brakes are "wearing out", do you mean the pads are at their wear mark?

Have you checked the fluid level in the master cylinder to make sure it's between the lines?

Which would be? ____??

My braking power is reducing quite a bit over the past few weeks, brakes are also squeaking so im pretty sure its just the pads

the brake fluid is where it needs to be.

Bike is 2 years old, i don't think my lines are bad

The 650r brakes squeak a lot
I have a 2009

You can visibly see how much brakes you have left. So its easy to tell if they need to be replaced

Its very easy to change the pads

The 650r brakes squeak a lot
I have a 2009

You can visibly see how much brakes you have left. So its easy to tell if they need to be replaced

Its very easy to change the pads

ya i ended up looking up a short video and went and bought some EBC HH pads and changed them the other week, surprisingly easy

2 years they should be fine. My owners manual says tobreplace them every 4.

If they are squealing its very likely they're just worn down. Pop them out and have a look. I usually use partzilla to find diagrams of how everything is put together.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/sear...11/EX650CBF+Ninja+650R/FRONT+BRAKE/parts.html

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

When they are due for replacement just get a set of good stainless lines, Galfer or Spiegler seem to be the two most popular brands.

I've got a Kawasaki 400 R which has the same frame and components as the 650. Got mine last year and my front breaks started squeaking as well.

When I took it to the shop to have it inspected during my servicing they just cleaned it up and the squeaking was gone.

I noticed that it tended to happen in lower temperatures. It's been fine all summer this year.

I think it's a model issue cause my previous Honda never had any squeaking noises.

My advice would be to just make sure that your liquid levels are fine and keep the brake pads / metal plates clean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I've got a Kawasaki 400 R which has the same frame and components as the 650. Got mine last year and my front breaks started squeaking as well.

When I took it to the shop to have it inspected during my servicing they just cleaned it up and the squeaking was gone.

I noticed that it tended to happen in lower temperatures. It's been fine all summer this year.

I think it's a model issue cause my previous Honda never had any squeaking noises.

My advice would be to just make sure that your liquid levels are fine and keep the brake pads / metal plates clean.

Cool! I got a yoshimuri exhaust for that bike and the sports handle bars if you are interested

There is also types of anti squeal you can get at Canadian tire for about $10. Basiacally a spray that coats the back of the metal plate and gets sticky, supposed to stop it vibrating and squealing. Haven't made up my mind as to whether it made any long term difference.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Could be different things. Repacing a wear item by time is crazy its like replacing lightbulbs by date. They are spent when they are spent some people brake more/heavier than others therefore wear out pads faster. Just have a look you can see the pads without taking anything apart. Also squealing can be cause by glazing (riding the brakes or chinese lever holding it slightly on). I woild also suggest being that its your BRAKES have someone who knows look at it rather than guess. Steel lines can never hurt they do improve feel.

EBC HH or OEM for brake pads.

It should be as simple and removing two bolts and a pin of some sort and throwing in new pads.
As far as I recall they just pop off but then again I was only replacing the wheel so maybe I'm remembering wrong and never took the pads off. Probably a good idea to do a brake bleed at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom