What is course "completion" ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is course "completion" ?

mstram

There are a couple threads here, about student's taking one of the two day M1 exit courses, but not passing the test.

For those insurance companies that take the M1-exit course into consideration when determining rates (the list of which is worthy of a thread in itself !), does passing the M1->M2 test constitute "completing the course "?

Or has the course been "completed" regardless if the M2 test was passed ?

There are a couple threads here, about student's taking one of the two day M1 exit courses, but not passing the test.

For those insurance companies that take the M1-exit course into consideration when determining rates (the list of which is worthy of a thread in itself !), does passing the M1->M2 test constitute "completing the course "?

Or has the course been "completed" regardless if the M2 test was passed ?

If you didn't pass the course (Passing the final exam) then you didn't complete the course......
Seems very straight forward.

If you didn't pass the course (Passing the final exam) then you didn't complete the course......
Seems very straight forward.

It's more complicated than that..... Insurance companies seldom talk to you about an affordable insurance rate if you only have your M1

To insurance companies, course completion refers to whether you took a recognized motorcycle training course to go M1 > M2. You can still get your M2 from the Ministry (select locations) and get insurance, but they will see that "Hey, this guy has his M2, but didn't do any course..... therefore, no course completion" versus "this other guy went to Humber/RTI/Whatever and got his M2.... course completed".

Or the third: "dude failed at humber/rti/whatever..... but passed at the ministry." Course is still incomplete.

Last edited:
It's more complicated than that..... Insurance companies seldom talk to you about an affordable insurance rate if you only have your M1

To insurance companies, course completion refers to whether you took a recognized motorcycle training course to go M1 > M2. You can still get your M2 from the Ministry (select locations) and get insurance, but they will see that "Hey, this guy has his M2, but didn't do any course..... therefore, no course completion" versus "this other guy went to Humber/RTI/Whatever and got his M2.... course completed".

Or the third: "dude failed at humber/rti/whatever..... but passed at the ministry." Course is still incomplete.

I think that is the same thing I said......
If you don't pass the final exam during the course, then you haven't completed the course in insurance companies eyes regardless if you took the M2 at the ministry.

I still have my Course certificate from Sheridan in my wallet. Totally useless for any Insurance discount as it is more than 17 years old. Lol

^^ So why carry it?

In fact, in 6 years of riding and switching 3 diff insurance companies not one asked for my M1 > M2 course that i completed at Humber. Mind you i think it was a great learning tool, but that paper they gave you, you can probably wipe your *** with it as far as insurance gives a hoot.

^^ So why carry it?

In fact, in 6 years of riding and switching 3 diff insurance companies not one asked for my M1 > M2 course that i completed at Humber. Mind you i think it was a great learning tool, but that paper they gave you, you can probably wipe your *** with it as far as insurance gives a hoot.

Many insurance companies actually *require* that you take a course or they will not write you, especially if you are under 25yo.

^^ So why carry it?

I carry it for Nostalgia reasons and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom