New rider. Passed M2 with RTI

Thread: New rider. Passed M2 with RTI

New rider. Passed M2 with RTI

Hey guys. Ive been lurking the forum for awhile and i thought its time to register and greet/thanks everyone for their helpful posts.

To start, i wasnt all into bikes at all. Im sure that some of the members here fell in love with bikes when a buddy or 2 got bikes. It all started with me helping a friend with his bike. From there on, more friends got bikes. I guess youcan say jealousy. So anyways i jumped the gun and grabbed my M1 and scheduled for my m1 exit course through rti a following week.

Just want to say that it was a lot of fun!

I now hold an M2 license and planned on jumping on a cbr600rr. Since insurance is so high i decided that this may not happen or have to hold for awhile

Now im planning on getting a 70s cb 550 as a starter bike as it has potential and a great starter.

I dont plan on riding this year as the season is almost over.

I plan on having my gear ready by next season.

Im ready to spend up to 1.5 in gear. I believe that spending this much will help me from any downtime if i happen to get into altercation with another vehicle

Gear:::
    gloves: gautlet
    helmet:'white
    suit: 2 piece
    boots: full protection

i know everyone have their own different taste when it comes to protection. I respect their decision as they're of age to be responsible and smart.
    Last edited by Jimsun; 08-29-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Re: New rider. Passed M2 with RTI

Congrats and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on your accomplishment

You'll find a lot of great community support out there with that older CBR. Good luck!

congrats on passing,bet your going crazy wanting to get riding?.

Thanks guys

As for now, ill be lurking the forum as im not really a rider yet (must own a bike thats legally operational in the road)

The CB 550 will be a nice vintage bike to own. I may plan on riding in 2015 rather than next season if budget is tight.

Ill also want to have my gears before i start riding.

Quote Originally Posted by nearace View Post
    congrats on passing,bet your going crazy wanting to get riding?.
    Haha yea. I wasn't planning on getting a bike anytime soon but i guess i found a nice deal so I'm going ahead for it.
    Ive ask my buddy if i can ride his bike around the neighbourhood whenever theres a chance to. I cant stop leaning and downshifting. Motorcycles... So fun but dangerous
    Last edited by Jimsun; 08-29-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Congratulation I went to RTI in mid JULY for my M2 as well and I also passed, it was fun, never thought i was a bike person either but same as you with friends getting bike, and than I remember that I've always wanted to actually get a bike and eventually took my course and 1 week after the course I bought a bike =) haha, good luck with your search and have a safe ride next season.

Welcome!

welcome!
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Congrats on getting your M2. I got mine from RTI this year as well and right away got myself a bike. I cannot even being to mention just how much I've learned this year. The more you know ,the better it gets
    Kawasaki charges ten dollars for every CC that the ZX14 R churns out ! Anything extra is the dealership's way of thanking you for buying this vehicle off of them.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Hey guys, just to update you all that I bought a vintage bike ^_^

.74 CB 550.

Quote Originally Posted by sid_for_speed View Post
    Congrats on getting your M2. I got mine from RTI this year as well and right away got myself a bike. I cannot even being to mention just how much I've learned this year. The more you know ,the better it gets
    Thanks. I got mine late June with LEvi, Jonathan and Jon as my instructors. They were awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonelyrider View Post
    welcome!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROQET View Post
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otay View Post
    Congratulation I went to RTI in mid JULY for my M2 as well and I also passed, it was fun, never thought i was a bike person either but same as you with friends getting bike, and than I remember that I've always wanted to actually get a bike and eventually took my course and 1 week after the course I bought a bike =) haha, good luck with your search and have a safe ride next season.
    As stated above, i went late june.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsun View Post
    Hey guys, just to update you all that I bought a vintage bike ^_^

.74 CB 550.
    Congrats! You should post pics of it on the Got Vintage? thread in General Motorcycle Discussion forum.