Gaspe, Quebec - a few days Between September 7 and September 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gaspe, Quebec - a few days Between September 7 and September 17

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
Gaspe, Quebec - Postponed to next year

I am taking the week of September 9th off and thinking about riding out to Gaspe, Quebec for a couple days. I am flexible on the departure date. If anyone is interested, please post here or PM me.

Here is the route:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=R...w5gIdbuTw-w&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=8&via=1&t=m&z=7

I figure 4 days would be ideal to ride there and back. If we leave on the Setp. 7th, then we can be back on the 10th.

Last edited:
Very interested! I will send you a PM later today.

Hmmmm check your link - ended up with a point that is a Hotel in the Bay of Biscay. !!

4 days seems a tad short from plotting from memory.

the two slab days would be brutal. 1,000 km just to Rimouski and not all that long riding hours this time of year. Wish there was a train to get the bikes to Quebec CIty :D .....cheap of course.

Yes, 3000 km in 4 days is a bit too much, plus 3 days of intensive ride this weekend. I think I will postpone this for later days.

Hmmmm check your link - ended up with a point that is a Hotel in the Bay of Biscay. !!

4 days seems a tad short from plotting from memory.

the two slab days would be brutal. 1,000 km just to Rimouski and not all that long riding hours this time of year. Wish there was a train to get the bikes to Quebec CIty :D .....cheap of course.

PA is stunning this time of year and 4 days is nice in the Lake Placid and east. 400km to Watertown via slab and then lots of good riding.'

Mont Tremblant area also easily accessible. Ask Fearless Bob for some routes....he knows them and has GPS or Googlemap versions.

PA is stunning this time of year and 4 days is nice in the Lake Placid and east. 400km to Watertown via slab and then lots of good riding.'

Mont Tremblant area also easily accessible. Ask Fearless Bob for some routes....he knows them and has GPS or Googlemap versions.

You should try to extend your trip a day and go down to VA/WV.
I used to say PA is stunning till I rode WV. A 3 day weekend is enough to do it. Day 1 ride down through PA. 144-26. Day 2-Ride WV. Day 3 ride home. You still do PA routes on the way down and return.
And your doing top 12 of AMA best MC route - U.S. Route 33, Harrisonburg, Va., to Seneca Rocks, W.Va.
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...ect_America_s_15_best_motorcycling_roads.aspx

I agree with the suggestions of heading to the States.You couldn't pay me to spend anytime or money in Quebec.Some of the scenery is nice tho.

A couple of summers ago I drove around the gaspe by car with my father. It was good to be able to say I've been there and done that, but I don't consider that route to be top notch motorcycling roads. Some nice scenery, but no memorable twisties or interesting elevation changes.

Have to agree, did it by car and it was a not very interesting until we got to Perce.
Ideally, transport the bikes to Quebec (800 ks) and then take the north shore and if you really have to go to the gaspe, cross over to Trois Pistoles. However I would stay on the North side and do a loop up to Saguenay.

Gaspe would be ok if you were riding out to the East coast and integrated it but it is a long ride.

A couple of summers ago I drove around the gaspe by car with my father. It was good to be able to say I've been there and done that, but I don't consider that route to be top notch motorcycling roads. Some nice scenery, but no memorable twisties or interesting elevation changes.

Although, if you have some extra time, the ride through NY, VT, NH and MA is well worth the time spent. I've done this trip a few times. It is a comfortable 3 days from Quebec City, out around Gaspe and back to Quebec City. From my place it is a long slab day to get to Quebec - 900kms. Just make sure that if you are doing the whole of Gaspe, stay on 132, even if it goes a little out of your way and do the peninsula COUNTER CLOCK-WISE. I can't stress that enough. The ocean/river will always be on your right and never have the view blocked by on-coming traffic. The scenery is Beautiful. If I had time, I would go again in a heartbeat. Lastly, don't worry about the language. Say your Bonjours and Mercis and the rest in English and you will be fine, the people on Hwy 132 live for tourism, you will never feel unwelcomed.

Thanks everyone for the good comments. Maybe it is better to ride South rather than ride East! Food, Gas, motel and beers are much cheaper in the State than Quebec:p

Thanks everyone for the good comments. Maybe it is better to ride South rather than ride East! Food, Gas, motel and beers are much cheaper in the State than Quebec:p

I will have to agree with the above. While there are some fun stretches on the Gaspe Peninsula, I wouldn't go there as strictly a motorcycle destination.

If I had the choice between going south and east, I'd pick south.

Subscribed

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Have to agree, did it by car and it was a not very interesting until we got to Perce.
Ideally, transport the bikes to Quebec (800 ks) and then take the north shore and if you really have to go to the gaspe, cross over to Trois Pistoles. However I would stay on the North side and do a loop up to Saguenay.

Gaspe would be ok if you were riding out to the East coast and integrated it but it is a long ride.

This route is good, Gaspie is good destination if you like to cruise and see views. Adirondack and Vermont would be better for riding.

Back
Top Bottom