Canadian iPhone use in the US while on tour | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian iPhone use in the US while on tour

Any way around major roaming charges? Jailbreak?

How long are you gone for? I bought a package through Telus here for emergency purposes. I didn't end up using it much. Since wi-fi was pretty easy to find on the road in US, it did about 95% of my data needs. I didn't need phone and used texting a few times.

Only if you go to the USA on a frequent basis is unlocking your phone and getting a US sim card worthwhile IMO.

How long are you gone for? I bought a package through Telus here for emergency purposes. I didn't end up using it much. Since wi-fi was pretty easy to find on the road in US, it did about 95% of my data needs. I didn't need phone and used texting a few times.

Only if you go to the USA on a frequent basis is unlocking your phone and getting a US sim card worthwhile IMO.

Personally I don't even buy locked phones. Either unlocked or unbranded direct from manufacturer. But I also won't sign a contract longer than a year.

roammobility rocks!! can't beat the rates with the data!

$19 for a SIM is a lot. When I went to Poland they were like $5 but included $5 of airtime (maybe it was Euros, whatever). That $5 worked for voice or data. Think I went through maybe $20 on a 10 day trip but I know Europe is cheaper than the US.

About 5 weeks. Looks like wifi access at eating spots and motels will be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom