Got vintage? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got vintage?

Decided I needed to become more mechanically inclined and didn't want to be tampering with my daily ride, so bought an old '72 CB350 that hadn't been started in years and the Haynes and Clymer manuals for her - spent a small fortune in shipping and a few dollars in parts and got her running again.

Not certified yet, but real close. She cleaned up real nice.

1972HondaCB350_25Jun13a.jpg

1972HondaCB350_25Jun13c.jpg

Dang that's real nice. Where did you get most of the parts, out of curiosity?

Dang that's real nice. Where did you get most of the parts, out of curiosity?

Started off ordering a lot from the states, but the shipping was often as much as the parts. Then I tripped across a place in Cambridge that has new production stuff for vintage bikes. Am about $1300 into the project now.

Started off ordering a lot from the states, but the shipping was often as much as the parts. Then I tripped across a place in Cambridge that has new production stuff for vintage bikes. Am about $1300 into the project now.

Interesting! I'm looking at getting a 73 cb350, if I do I'll bug you about that place in Cambridge!

Gorgeous bikes in this thread, makes me want one. Post more pics please :)

Do they do other bikes or just Hondas? Very interested in any info!

Decided I needed to become more mechanically inclined and didn't want to be tampering with my daily ride, so bought an old '72 CB350 that hadn't been started in years and the Haynes and Clymer manuals for her - spent a small fortune in shipping and a few dollars in parts and got her running again.

Not certified yet, but real close. She cleaned up real nice.

1972HondaCB350_25Jun13a.jpg

That's so cool! The first bike I ever rode

CB360E.jpg

And this was the first person I'd ever met who actually rode a motorcycle.

beckyJim.jpg

That was my baby sister back in 1977. The rider's name was Jim. Haven't heard from him since about 1978

Was he an auto shop teacher in Hamilton?

Ohhhhhhh man, that's the bike I want to end up on. Getting so much flack wanting to start on it as a new rider, so going with a 250 Honda for now. (Though the styling of the cb200's is more my jam.)
Absolutely gorgeous, and if you passed me on the street I'd openly stare.

I had a cb200... Nice ride

BMW R75/5 last of the wire wheels and tractor transmission.

Attachments

• bmwr75.jpg
    bmwr75.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 91
1982 RD350LC bought it as a frame and everything else in boxes. Rebuilt from the frame up and now up and running like a champ.

Last edited:
Crankcall and Taximan, impressive!

Ugh! I don't mind a cafe now and then when it's done well, but to see so many beautiful old bikes hacked to hell and back! No thanks!
Agreed. Bikexif is focused on hipster specials that are unridable. Scramblers with chunky tires, bikes with surfboard holders,its just another version of the stupid chopper craze.

I'll second Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group. Great people all over the country, active chapters in every area. I went for a nice Chilli Run/Group Ride this weekend, and although the rain was cold, the roads were all scenic and twisty, the pace was moderate with quick acceleration but nothing more than 10-20kph over the limit at anytime, the people are great, and the food at the end - was fantastic. I always enjoy going along on CVMG event rides, and highly recommend anyone into older bikes check it out!

Back
Top Bottom