Dash cam for motorcycle? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dash cam for motorcycle?

skip

For the first time in 18 years of riding I actually I actually felt the need for a dash cam on the bike this week. Just too much stupid **** happening on my daily commute. The guy passing on the shoulder of the 427 yesterday doing 140+ was just the final straw.

So, any recommendations? I do not want a helmet mounted cam but something that can go on the bike with reasonable audio/video.

Rob MacLennan has a nice setup (Front and Rear) on his bike. Give him a PM.

yes and I think the Hero 3 now does allow looping video and I could hard wire a USB charger. But is there anything else out there? Currently using DailyRoads Voyager on my phone in the car but I don't want to expose my phone to the elements.

Drift HD camera? I don't have any experience with them but I've seen some good video clips from one

GoPros etc. don't have to be mounted on your helmet. You can mount it anywhere you want on your bike.

My Drift Ghost has a specific "Car DVR" mode, where it loop records.

Is there a cam that turns on automatically when ignition is on, and shuts off with ign.. and overwrites old like a loop. so i can just place it on the "dash" and only have to worry about it if something I want to save appears...???

Is there a cam that turns on automatically when ignition is on, and shuts off with ign.. and overwrites old like a loop. so i can just place it on the "dash" and only have to worry about it if something I want to save appears...???

I'm curious about this too with regards to the DRIFT or GoPro; if they do I might consider buying them and getting some electrical work done.

Yes, that's part of the Car DVR mode on the Drift Ghost.

http://driftinnovation.com/new-firmware-released-for-drift-hd-ghost/

It powers on and starts recording in increments of 1, 3, 10 or 15 minutes and loops when the card is full.

Edit: I just tested it on mine, and it also powers off on its own when power is cut once it finishes the current recording.

Last edited:
Yes, that's part of the Car DVR mode on the Drift Ghost.

http://driftinnovation.com/new-firmware-released-for-drift-hd-ghost/

It powers on and starts recording in increments of 1, 3, 10 or 15 minutes and loops when the card is full.

Edit: I just tested it on mine, and it also powers off on its own when power is cut once it finishes the current recording.

Sigh, full suit, track lessons, ps4, new gear, new dash cam, school tuition.

I'm gonna be broke lol thanks for the info tho! =D

btw, I think we met at Total Control.

For the first time in 18 years of riding I actually I actually felt the need for a dash cam on the bike this week. Just too much stupid **** happening on my daily commute. The guy passing on the shoulder of the 427 yesterday doing 140+ was just the final straw.

So, any recommendations? I do not want a helmet mounted cam but something that can go on the bike with reasonable audio/video.
Did he pass you on the left shoulder or the right shoulder?

Left shoulder and passed at least 2 cars in front of me the same way. Not a cop and traffic was not exactly moving slow either....

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Left shoulder and passed at least 2 cars in front of me the same way. Not a cop and traffic was not exactly moving slow either....

I figure, not justifying the driver but what were you doing on the fast lane?

Last edited:
I figure, not justifying the driver but what were you doing on the fast lane?

Passing a truck that was moving slower then me :)

Darwin candidate. Unless you're an emergency vehicle there's no excuse in normally flowing traffic for passing on the left shoulder. Hopefully he'll get his and we'll have one less ******* on the highways.

Drift Ghost HD does everything and picture looks good, just has a crappy built in microphone. The loop recording is pretty sweet, has a remote. Just hit the button and it will keep the last segment on the card. I like it for going on rides and loop for 10 minutes, then only hit save when something interesting (like a stretch of twisties or a moron driver) just happened.

Drift Ghost HD does everything and picture looks good, just has a crappy built in microphone. The loop recording is pretty sweet, has a remote. Just hit the button and it will keep the last segment on the card. I like it for going on rides and loop for 10 minutes, then only hit save when something interesting (like a stretch of twisties or a moron driver) just happened.

That's on video tagging mode. As I mentioned above, there is also a Car DVR mode that loop records as the mem card fills up. Video tagging mode doesn't work well for dashcam applications since you wouldn't be able to press the button in the event you're involved in a serious collision.

油井緋色;2063293 said:
Sigh, full suit, track lessons, ps4, new gear, new dash cam, school tuition.

I'm gonna be broke lol thanks for the info tho! =D

btw, I think we met at Total Control.

GSXR, right? Hey!

I bought one of these a few months ago for the car, pretty happy with it.

http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-207/
- $70 on ebay
- turns on and off with ignition
- loops when the card's full
- its about the size of a wallet

Not sure how you'd mount it on a bike, it only came with a glass suction mount. Also it's not waterproof since it's meant for inside the car. I've been thinking about possibilities of getting another one and putting it on my bike.

Back
Top Bottom