Evolution Bluetooth Intercom Unit and Daytona Motor Sport | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evolution Bluetooth Intercom Unit and Daytona Motor Sport

TorontoCruser

I purchased an Evolution Bluetooth Intercom Unit from Dynamic Innovations just over a month ago now. First off I loved that price!

Purchased it from Daytona Motor Sport in Toronto. I have been going to this store for a few years now and always had great service. I was looking for an economical bluetooth unit to use my phone and listen to music while on the motorcycle and sometimes talk with other people if riding in a group. I saw the ad for the Evolution Unit on GTAM and wanted to give it a try.

I am very pleased with the quality of the unit. I now use this thing every day and charge over night.

The sound quality is pretty good for music, intercom and on the cell phone.
The ease of function is great once you get used to how it works. I was a little confused about what button does what, and of course I would never read a manual. The staff at Daytona actually installed it for me (wasnt actually that hard, but why not, it was free) and showed me all the functions and buttons.

The A2DP functions work great on the unit, can use Voice commands on my phone (Siri, Voice Dialing etc.) and the built in FM Radio works great.

If your on the fence about this item I would strongly suggest this unit. I have since purchased a second unit for my passenger and we both enjoy it.

The Intercom/Cell Phone mic works great, just make sure you have the Mic positioned correctly or the noise canceling thing wont pick up correct audio.

*Note* I have a Shoie RF1100, with a Sport bike, average speed tested up to 150kmph.

I bought a pair of them last week. I've only installed one so far, in my Shoei RF1000. Two things:
1. For me, the mic/speaker USB connector to the unit is flaky and causes the speakers to cut out when I do shoulder checks. I pinched the connector a bit so it fits a little tighter and is not quite so bad, but it's still not acceptable to me. Taking the helmet off and setting it down puts enough pressure on the cable/connector to move it so the next time I put the helmet on and go to use it I can't tell if the device is not turning on or if the connector is the problem. It turns into a series of fiddle, fiddle, on, off, etc. Sound is good when it works.
2. The RF1000 wasn't built with speaker pockets. My helmet is snug, and with the speakers installed they actually press against my ears and become uncomfortable after ~30 minutes. No fault of the Evolution, but just giving readers a heads-up that the RF1000 may not be a good match for this headset. I'm due for a helmet upgrade, and this gives me an extra excuse to start shopping for one.

I'll try exchanging my units this weekend. If the replacements still have the flaky connector, they'll be going back and that'll be it.

So far I love mine as well. The only issues I have noticed are:

- mp3 plug port doesn't work, or the cable is faulty, either way Daytona will replace whichever is true so I am not worried
- My Samsung Galaxy s3 cuts and stutters music a lot while stealing bluetooth, but an iPhone doesn't. Really sucks that Google still has this issue (4.3 cm10.2) I want to try stock Samsung ROM to see. This is not n issue with the unit.

- mp3 plug port doesn't work, or the cable is faulty, either way Daytona will replace whichever is true so I am not worried
- My Samsung Galaxy s3 cuts and stutters music a lot while stealing bluetooth, but an iPhone doesn't. Really sucks that Google still has this issue (4.3 cm10.2) I want to try stock Samsung ROM to see. This is not n issue with the unit.

In my experience, bluetooth is always flaky with bleeding edge Cyanogen Mod releases. I be stock (or even an older version of Android that's in the works longer) will work better.

I am using an Iphone 4S and it works fine. My friend has an Iphone 5 and same thing, bluetooth works without issue.

I had mine for about 3 weeks now, and I had no problems at all. Plug stays in place very well and I kinda ride fast. Audio is great and the intercom works flawlesly.

A2DP works great also, bluetooth audio stream from my blackberry and the voice dialing.

and of course, incredible price!

these bluetooth com units work great! Before I got them I was using just regular ear phones and they would bother my ears after a while, or I would pull the cables by mistake while turning my head. they just werent efficient.

I now use these every day, the A2DP work great on my Android phone without any issues. Mp3 stream, cell phone calling, etc.

I use this when I ride 2up all the time when she comes with my and sound is great.

I bought a pair of them last week. I've only installed one so far, in my Shoei RF1000. Two things:
1. For me, the mic/speaker USB connector to the unit is flaky and causes the speakers to cut out when I do shoulder checks. I pinched the connector a bit so it fits a little tighter and is not quite so bad, but it's still not acceptable to me. Taking the helmet off and setting it down puts enough pressure on the cable/connector to move it so the next time I put the helmet on and go to use it I can't tell if the device is not turning on or if the connector is the problem. It turns into a series of fiddle, fiddle, on, off, etc. Sound is good when it works.
2. The RF1000 wasn't built with speaker pockets. My helmet is snug, and with the speakers installed they actually press against my ears and become uncomfortable after ~30 minutes. No fault of the Evolution, but just giving readers a heads-up that the RF1000 may not be a good match for this headset. I'm due for a helmet upgrade, and this gives me an extra excuse to start shopping for one.

I'll try exchanging my units this weekend. If the replacements still have the flaky connector, they'll be going back and that'll be it.
No problem with the exchange. We first tried replacing just the speaker/mic, but it was still flaky, so they exchanged the entire unit without hassle. The replacement unit works great! Now to replace the RF1000 ...

just wanted to do an update,

I had these units for just about 2 months now and they are still working great. No issues with em, sounds great. Went in and grabbed another pair for a friend of mine. Using on long trips the intercom works perfect. FM radio is excellent, and the Bluetooth MP3 stream from my phone is awesome!

Hey Everyone!

Its has been close to 4 months now since I purchased this bluetooth intercom unit and wanted to do a quick update.

Am I still using it? Yes

Would I purchase this again: YES

Has the battery life gone down? Nope, exactly same

How often was it used? About 4-5 times a week, for duration of 3-7 hrs each time.

Other Notes: Just make sure you check the wires, and clamp every couple months or so to assure its on tight!

Hope this quickie helps anyone, if you have other questions give me a shout!

I had mine for about 3 weeks now, and I had no problems at all. Plug stays in place very well and I kinda ride fast. Audio is great and the intercom works flawlesly.

A2DP works great also, bluetooth audio stream from my blackberry and the voice dialing.

and of course, incredible price!

I have had these units for over a YEAR now and I am very happy with them. The battery still lasts as long as the audio is clear (and loud!)

I hope I have time later on to write a full 1 Year Review of my experience with this unit. Long story short I am happy with my purchase!

With the speakers not fitting into an RF1000 as mentioned here, is anyone using this with an RF1100 and if so how is the fit?

With the speakers not fitting into an RF1000 as mentioned here, is anyone using this with an RF1100 and if so how is the fit?

I have seen someone with an RF1100 and an Evolution on his helmet at a bike meet last week. He said the installed it for him at the store.

I used it in my 1100 and it was great.

Shamless plug, I'm selling mine if anyone wants to save a few bucks from new. Barely used. PM me

Back
Top Bottom