Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8 - Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride Interest?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8 - Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride Interest??

DVS

Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8 - Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride Interest??

Just got this from an OFTR e-mail. Anyone interested?

If you are post up, I was thinking of throwing a couple of bikes onto the back of the truck (Ram 1500, crew cab) and saving the tires for the trail. As of right now, have room for another bike, possibiliy a third, haven't tried that configuration yet.

Was thinking of camping it but am open to the creature comforts of a real bed and shower if people are interested.

I'm a newb to the dual sport with an DR650 but am interested in this. For those that have done this before, what do you think? Over my head? Good idea, bad idea?

OFTR Trail Ride Event

It's Boogie Time!
Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride

NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE BANQUET BEFORE WED, AUG. 28TH
DS%20dirtroad.jpg

KTMTrialRideLogoRisiz.jpg

Date/time: Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8
Location: Staging area at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road See map below and directions
Cost:

• Early bird reservation: $100 (until Aug. 26 at 11:59pm) includes Saturday & Sunday lunch, T-shirt
  • After Aug. 26th, $125
  • Note: for entries after Aug 26th we can NOT guarantee lunch, T-shirts.
  • Saturday buffet dinner, 6:30 pm: $30
  • Cash buffet breakfast available both days, $7.50
Sound Check (all bikes must pass 94db test to ride):

• 5:30 pm till 9:30 pm Friday Sept. 6.
  • 7:30 am till 9:00 am Saturday Sept. 7
  • 8:00 am till 9:00 am Sunday Sept. 8
Registration, Release, & Sign In:

• 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm Friday Sept. 6,
  • 7:30 am till 9:00 am Saturday
  • 8:00 am till 9:00 am Sunday
Riders' Meeting: Sat. and Sun. 9:30 a.m. in the clubhouse. Ride starts immediately after meeting.

Primitive camping available at the starting/finish point.​

Last edited:
Re: Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8 - Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride Interes

Bumping this up. I've booked for both days including the banquet and the hotel has been booked as well.

I think this is going to be a hoot.

You KNOW you wanna come along!

There are a number of different routes planned that you can mix and match to your comfort level.

The following is a cut and past of the posting from the organizer on the ADV forum.

The (BMA) Bytown Motorcycle Association's Calabogie Boogie once again is offering awesome GPS Dual Sport rides in conjunction with its famous 2 day trail ride. Anyone with a blue plated bike is invited to enjoy these carefully prepared rides that offer less aggressive alternatives to the single track trail rides. The D-S rides start at the same place as the trail rides and we will meet up with the trail riders for lunch and after the ride to swap stories. There is also a banquet on Saturday night with guest speakers and great food.

DUAL SPORT (BLUE PLATE REQUIRED) - SCENIC TOURS
These rides take you through picturesque farms in the highlands where the roads are seldom straight. Scenic tours are ideal for riders who want to stop and take a few pictures along the way. Since these rides are also appealing to some the faster riders on bigger bikes, we have added extension options to the scenic tours to keep the fun from ending too soon.

DUAL SPORT (BLUE PLATE REQUIRED) - ADVENTURE TOURS
For more aggressive Dual Sport riders who prefer to concentrate on the ground in front of them rather than the scenery around them, we recommend the adventure tours. These rides share much of the twisty, fun dirt roads with the scenic tours but have some power line and ATV trails thrown in to make it just a bit more challenging.

TRAIL RIDE (GREEN OR BLUE PLATE REQUIRED) - (INCLUDES ORANGE, PINK AND WHITE TRAILS)
All are welcome to ride the gnarly single tracks trails that Calabogie is famous for, however we do recommend smaller trail bikes for this arrowed event. Your entry fee works for both dual sport or trail ride so you can even do a little of both if you like.

For more information follow this thread and see the web page at http://bma1.ca/sept--calabogie-boogie-ds-p16.php

Last edited:
Re: Saturday Sept. 7 & Sunday Sept. 8 - Calabogie Boogie & Dual Sport Ride Interes

What time are you planning on heading out? Was thinking about making the trip but not so inclined to riding there after work alone on Friday. Would most likely tent it.

I have a truck and was planning on throwing the DR650 in the bed. I'll be putting on fresh Shinko 244 so want to save them for the ride.

Will likely be heading out from Mississauga around 6pm as I will need to get back home from downtown.

I have a room booked so if you change your mind, we'll have to ask for a cot.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

DEFINITELY a great ride and the area is spectacular! I love the trails around Calabogie... Have a great time!!

If a spot it still open for the back of the truck by the end of the week and we can work out a deal, I will be in. Just need to run a few things by before I commit. I have a Suzuki DRZ400 by the way.

P.S. What time were you guesstimating leaving Sunday? Or were you planning on leaving Monday?

I have a truck and was planning on throwing the DR650 in the bed. I'll be putting on fresh Shinko 244 so want to save them for the ride.

Will likely be heading out from Mississauga around 6pm as I will need to get back home from downtown.

I have a room booked so if you change your mind, we'll have to ask for a cot.

Me and Adawar were riding the trails behind the race track this Sunday afternoon. You're gonna have a blast up there mate. Even on his CRF100 and my DRZ125 we had tons of fun.

Oh man I'm stoked about this!

Amet, I'll be leaving on Sunday. Hope you can make it.

Update on the hotel, I've booked another room with 2 double beds. So I'll have to cancel the other one if no one is coming with me.

I'm considering canceling my ottawa river rafting road trip. I have street slicks on my SM, how technical are these track? Will this be riding, and staying over night in a motel? Saturday/ sunday?

The organizer has given options that to me appear to offer something for everyone. See my second post.

He also allow mixing and matching, so personally I'm going to go the Adventure route and maybe try a half day of trails.

The scenic one sounds like it's going to be a pretty relaxed route. But to be sure you can pop the organizer a question. I've been asking on the ADV thread. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll post a link. I'm on my phone right now or else I would do it.

One thing is I would recommend changing out street slicks to something to match the route you've chosen.

I'm planning on staying overnight Friday and Sat. Already have hotels booked for Arnprior (37Km away from Calabogie)

Last edited:
Last edited:

Doh!!

Me and Richard are at the race track this weekend so will be pottering around the trails on Sunday afternoon/evening. I did it with Adawar a while back and it was a ton of fun. I think, with Richard, it may be a bit more spirited and competitive.

Back
Top Bottom