Easy iPhone mount | GTAMotorcycle.com

Easy iPhone mount

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Bought this thinking I'd put it on my forearm but it works the charm strapped on to the 650 bars.
Power in on the left, headphones on the right.
If I go into a restaurant I just unstrap it or slide the iPhone out and leave the band on the bike.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311606PM_zps1e96bfed.jpg

Velcro strap is easy to use and holds very well.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311832PM_zps8d1f52eb.jpg

Even at high speeds on the freeway for hours it was solid.
Now it slightly covers the left hand buttons but I just nudge to the right a bit if I'm in the twisties....if it slides down the bars there no harm and it's still easily readable for nav.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311733PM_zpsefc526e9.jpg

iPhone buttons are useable - the volume buttons are at the top edge and very easy to use.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311635PM_zps10e41b14.jpg

Mail is readable - this was a sunny/clouds day - lots of glare.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311709PM_zpsc141ad16.jpg

and ports are designed around the iPhone - easy in and out and connection.

ScreenShot2013-08-19atAug19201311530PM_zpsa2358273.jpg

Terrific at night - effortless nav. I find those flat wire USB to iPhone connectors on the reel work the charm on the Burgman.

Now this may not work as well on all bikes and may work even better on some but you do need USB power as to run the screen full brightness with nav on drains batteries right quick.

$16.50 on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Tune Belt Sport Armband for iPhone 4S and More (Fits iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G / 2G / 1G and more): Electronics

Yeah I got the ceramic Beadrider for Australian tropics - still looks new. Plus difficult to import wooden stuff to Aus.

With the Tune Belt on I can avoid having to spend more on earphones with inline controls.

Just snagged some Ulimate Ears 500
Looping the cable over the ears makes for a comfortable fit with a good seal outside the helmet - we'll see if that carries over to helmet on. I use a very thin balaclava from Oxford that keeps Earphones in place and is easy to wash.

good review here and listening just now impressed with the bottom end when used with the Comply tips.
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2011/07/ultimate-ears-500vi-review.html

These are a bargain at $25.

71Za8jBvoEL._AA1500_-650x650.jpg

Amazon.com: Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silver: Electronics

I also bought a pair of 600s - the performance level I'm used to and just comparing them the 500s are pretty fine and maybe fit the helmet better

8147VPXz4BL._SX342_.jpg

Amazon.com: Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silver: Electronics

sweeeeeet -= good tunes again ( wrecked my previous pair )

You're blocking the POWER button!

Does this mean the iPhone has a pressure sensitive screen and not a touch sensitive screen?

I like the utility of it--I've got a crummy old Curtis GPS that probably won't work with a RAM mount. Plus it's cheap.

Wish the beadrider worked for me :(

Spent $80 or so on the ceramic one, within 30 seconds of sitting on it my *** hurts. Heard it takes time to get used to, gave it an hour. Constant pain :(

Hope you have more luck with yours.

It always feels "hard" - but should never hurt - I'd never ride without it

I meant the grey "more engine revs" power button. I guess it might still be accessible even though I can't see it.

Funny thing about the Beadrider, I think it works pretty well, though easy chair comfort it isn't. You always feel that you're sitting on a harder, flexible surface. It's the lack of hotspots and ventilation that wins the day. Sometimes it's good to switch it up by removing it for a while. Unfortunately, there's way too many variables to guarantee that it will be a useful solution for everyone.

Last edited:
It always feels "hard" - but should never hurt - I'd never ride without it

After removal I used only my bare sargent seat, and did a 19 hour day (1550kms) with 0 issues or discomfort.

Wish it worked, or that I did this trip within the return period lol.

Back
Top Bottom